What did you get in the mail, 2023

Thanks :pray: That already was pretty elaborate. I think I now have a decent understanding of what this throw is about.

3 Likes

I’m liking it. Something I like to do is flick the throw, like muscling it forward and this does that very well. Stays balanced and just goes. :grin:

2 Likes

YoYoFriends Nucleon

29 Likes

I have that same one. Really loving it!

3 Likes

36 Likes

Lisianthus and some counterweights to match my Magnolias. I ordered these back in December and I’ve been patiently waiting since.

Need more time with the Lisianthus but initial impressions are that I like it more than the Quercus, but still a lot less than the Magnolia. I’m mostly just interested in stress testing it to get a better feel for how much abuse steel can actually handle. I feel like people praise titanium especially for its durability… but I’ve seen actual beater ti and honestly it doesn’t seem much more durable in practice (mostly thinking in regard to 3A/5A) than 7XXX alloy aluminum yoyos outside of just being gouge resistant. Ti will still pick up hella scratches/flat spots/develop strong pulse vibe if you play them hard enough.

Also glad to get a non-soft counterweight. I prefer playing with soft counterweights generally, but they’re not ideal for actually learning/creating tricks imo. The big drawback of soft counterweights is that they’ll rapidly kill the spin of the yoyo when they make contact with it. So what inevitably happens a lot when learning tricks, especially ones with more independent CW movement.

38 Likes

The one yoyo that has blown my socks off since getting back into throwing is the D7. I loved it so much that I bought 2 more. This love for the d7 has caused me to search for its predecessors. My ultimate collection list is

D7
Trip
Dip
Martian
Canvas

34 Likes

Received these two big boys in the mail today courtesy of @Xinck

38 Likes

Received these over the last 2 or 3 weeks.

38 Likes

Best mail day In my entire life :face_holding_back_tears:

Two dream yoyos in one day! Ill be burried with both of these :laughing:

1 of 1 Levi Painted Plaid with Blue Mountain CLYW Peak :heart::blue_heart::brown_heart:

1 of 8 BAC Spyy Pure with all the original goodies 🩶🤎

I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY THANK YOU SO MUCH @Isaac and @ColeJ both of you are wonerfully honest people and I appreicate the both of you more than words can describe!

50 Likes

Got a couple of unique throws in today.

Layer Infinity Kasm. Portal colorway, Blue/Orange

Duncan Imperial Hyper Midnight in USA package.

This is discription from the Museum of Yo-Yo History

"The Duncan Midnight Special rebranded as Duncan Hyper Midnight originally intended for the Japan market, but mounted on a US “Midnight Special” card.

The Hyper Midnight yo-yo was sold only in Japan. Unless you’re paying close attention to the text on the yo-yo, it is easy to visually mistake Hyper Midnight for Midnight Special and vice versa. This notion may help explain the mismatched yo-yo with the card by Duncan. (Or, it was just easier to use the US card to avoid translation costs and reprinting the card in Japanese.) Both the US and Japan versions of the yo-yo are identical to the standard Duncan Imperial. The only difference between these two “Midnight” models and the Imperial was the name and color. Duncan eventually fixed this production mistake and re-released the Hyper Midnight on a Duncan/Bandai branded card.

The Hyper Midnight imprint is a bit more challenging to find than the Midnight Special imprint, whether you are looking for it in the USA or Japan."

32 Likes

What makes these “Midnight” Imperials so special?

2 Likes

Dude, that pure is sick! Super jealous man, i can’t wait to have one in my collection! The peak is sweet too. Great score my man!

6 Likes

Thanks brotha, and it only took me 15 years to get that peak and around 13/14 years for the pure! :face_holding_back_tears::laughing: its funny when i show up to my yoyo club, some my throws are older than the members :laughing:

4 Likes

nice!!!

4 Likes

That Pure is a dream yo, super stoked for you man.

2 Likes

Those are some historic yoyos, wow

4 Likes

Received a OD Top Deck from @Jovann1 today. Threw on some Bad Wolf Abominable Snowman string and it’s such a joy to play, even with my meager 1A skills.

38 Likes

How is it?

1 Like

Thanks for the good vibes brotha, still can’t belive Isaac sold me this one, i think he knew how much it meant to me and was just being a kind soul haha now mine forever and ever to be loved and cherished :sweat_smile:

3 Likes