What are you throwing today?

This right here is the quintessence of yoyo “car” talk. Is it sad that I am fluent in this?

15 Likes

I can relate. Although I know flip all about cars :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is why I’m here on the YYE Forums. One of the only places where I can YoYo talk with people who YoYo and they don’t think I’m a YoYo.

12 Likes

How did you make it responsive though? Multiple string wraps or a slim bearing?

1 Like

Put in a thick lubed 1/2 Spec C or a greased Full Spec C, then use fat strings. I like synthetic Super Lube. With the new A bearing, use the same bearing, just add desired lube and tune with string thickness. Maybe @MrYoyoThrower can chime in.

6 Likes

Spent the day playing with a Prescription and asking random creatures and objects if they wanted to join at the Henry Doorly Zoo.

19 Likes

She loves to sit there and swat at the strings sticking out. I think she’s been throwing the Statement today though!

26 Likes

At Disney World Pirates of the Caribbean gift shop with a PSG

14 Likes

IMG_20190723_220948

20 Likes

What are the CLYWs and what’s the top row fourth to the right?

2 Likes

Top row fourth to the right is an AC1; all the CLYWs are as follows top/down left/right

Ac1 - blizzard - 7075chief - Sasquatch - Canvas - advance scout - Chief - Akita - Akita (sold today) - Avalanche - scout

6 Likes

Those jellies look really cool!

4 Likes

Heck yeah! I take my kids every year, and they are my favorite part of the zoo.

2 Likes

I just tried putting in a bunch of yoyojam thick lubes into the full C and it responds pretty well. Always thought this should be a responsive yoyo. Would love to buy the A size variant, but I’m not sure if I can justify it. Still, its a great underrated yoyo.

1 Like

Can’t put a half spec in, bearing seat isn’t designed for it. Full size bearing with thick lube can be made responsive pretty easily. Especially if you have a flat bearing handy. Stacking a 2nd pad on top works as well.

3 Likes

Well…at least you have 3 decent throws in your collection.

15 Likes

Do you guys notice something strange in this case?

4 Likes

Yes.

It’s only got 1 green throw.

:frowning: :frowning:

5 Likes

Got this curious little thing a month or so back, the Big Bang Bandalores VisViva. It is bimetal but quite unlike anything else I have thrown, it is somewhat narrow and has substantially high walls but it is really growing on me and is certainly helping me with my accuracy. Grinds really nicely too!

SAM_5333

11 Likes

I’ve never seen a purple Hummingbird with gold rims :thinking:

8 Likes