What are you throwing today?

Radian MKii by SPYY.

16 Likes

Cheif. Probably the best throw I own performance wise.

14 Likes

Holy hell…I was just writing up a list of all my throws in a little notebook I keep and counting up everything…
And somehow I have around $1,000 in throws. I’ve only been back in this hobby for a few months. I’m not even very good at this!
lol I don’t know whether to feel proud…or what.
I will say I don’t regret my purchases. That’s one thing I’ve always been happy about with my hobbies…I VERY rarely get buyer’s remorse. I love splurging and obsessing on the hunt for new things for my hobbies.

Gonna list all my throws I’ve picked up so far…the cool thing is, is there’s nothing really on my “MUST HAS!!!” list right now. Maybe a shutter wide angle at some point.

-G2 AL7 Bomber Banshee (green) …it’s been shipped and should be here Monday!
-YoYoFactory Ko’Olau Edge (green)
-Duncan MKT (green)
-Duncan Mayhem (green)
-Duncan Barracuda (green)
-Duncan Strix (green)
-Duncan Raptor (green)
-Duncan Freehand Nextgen (green)
-Duncan Pro Z (red/white caps)
-Duncan Pro Z (yellow/clear caps)
-Duncan Speed Beetle (yellow) …owned this from years ago
-Duncan Butterfly XT (green) …owned this from years ago
-Duncan 2019 Exit 8 (blue camo)
-Duncan Speed Runner 7068 (red camo)
-Duncan Metal Drifter XL (purple camo)
-One Drop Deep State (green/orange half-swap w/ red flat side effects)
-One Drop Deep State (black/green half-swap w/ green/black energy side effects)
-One Drop Deep State (orange/black half-swap w/ black/green energy side effects)
-One Drop Legendary Terrarian (green w/ black energy side effects)
-HSpin Good & Evil 3 (half light green/half dark green) …had this from years ago
-YoYoJam Hitman Professional (green w/ silver rims) …had this from years ago
-MagicYoYo Y01 Node (pink/blue/silver splash)
-MagicYoYo N12 Sharks Honor (green/red christmas themed)
-MagicYoYo N12 Shark’s Honor (they call it green…I call it yellowish gold)
-MagicYoYo N5 Desperado (red)
-YoYoFactory Popstar (blue)

Favorite yo? My green/orange One Drop Deep State. It’s a very sentimental throw of mine. A dream throw really, and it’s like the whole community came together to help me piece it together.

Favorite playing yo? It’s a toss up between my One Drop Legendary Terrarian and my YoYoFactory K’Edge. Didn’t like my Terrarian till someone suggested I put a concave bearing in it. Haven’t been able to put the thing down since!
I’m also excited to get my Banshee in the mail…I’ve got a lot of hope in that thing!

Favorite looking yo? Hands down my green/orange Deep State. My personal favorite looking yo of all time.
Shout out to the N12 Christmas Themed Shark’s Honor though! It’s right up there among my favorite looking yos too! I LOVE this thing. Super grateful to an awesome guy on these forums for getting one out to me for just $15 shipped…brand new in box. <3 How freaking cool is he? :smiley:

I guess I do feel a bit of shame in putting so much money into this hobby. There’s a ton of much more important things in life I could’ve put this money into…things I need or could really use.
I can be quite immature though…and I am very impulsive, especially when I’m new to a hobby. I obsess on my hobbies.

8 Likes

A good choice. My favourite throw.

13 Likes

I dunno about you, but to me it kind of feels like a bi-metal in play with regards to it’s weight.

2 Likes

I like them as it has the older school centre weight combined with a more modern profile and play. The direct opposite of a bi-metal, which is more rim weighted to promote longer spin times. But that’s me. This underlines how subjective yoyo play really is.

2 Likes

I do not have a muse, but from what I’ve heard its floatier, I think wider, and has more rim weight.

2 Likes

It looks like you “must has” more OneDrops to me!

This really is a fun part of the hobby I didn’t expect.

Don’t feel guilty! That’s what hobbies are for!
Even though I’ve got zero to show for it other than a sore back, I’d never regret the tens of thousands of dollars I’ve spent playing golf. What’s the point of working your whole life to build up numbers in a bank account if you never spend it on something that brings you enjoyment. Saving money is what auto draft 401ks are for.

Same here!

11 Likes

Hey, thanks for the awesome reply!

And…

haha totally agree!
Especially because I keep buying more and more spare side effects :stuck_out_tongue:
It’s just that I can’t find many green ODs that use side effects in stock right now. I guess I could hit BST though for them.

I think I just found my next “Can’t breath without!!!” :smiley:

for $75 it comes with a free

That’s a pretty damn good value, and would add a couple of Basecamps to my collection!

7 Likes

Hero and tivayder today :slight_smile:

5 Likes

People may thrown at the idea of having an expensive collection of yoyos, but it really is, all things considered, a relatively cheap hobby. My buddy told me last night that he has already dumped $5K into his new(used) Subaru WRX STI. I may feel like ive spent a lot on yoyos since I got back into it in the fall last year, but im damn sure (without counting) that I havent spent close to $5k on it. I did feel guilty the one month where I spent probably $700 in yoyos while not even spending the time to learn one new trick, but ive since reconciled my feelings since I know that I will be yoyoing long-term and that this isn’t just a new fad hobby that im going to get out of in a year or two.

5 Likes

Recess Snack

12 Likes

Snacks are delicious… also one of the best newer 50mm yo-yos.

1 Like

Crikey I wish I had your income! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Even if you do stop for a while you’ll be back. Take a look at the year I joined this forum.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly. I always come back to three things. Yoyo, guitar, and pokemanz. I get into each one compulsively, abandon them, and always come back. Other things come and go, but these three always come back.

6 Likes

haha I wish I did too!
I’ve been selling a ton of stuff off from past hobbies to feed this new addiction
I’m running out of stuff I’m willing to part with! My spending will soon slow way down.

2 Likes

Tbh I think I will on and off throw for the rest of my life. Im old enough to know when my short-lived interests are long term, and my nostalgic return from close to a year ago that has not let up is a testament to the idea. Gave up yoyo as a kid and kind if regret not sticking with it. I’m in for life now though.

3 Likes

All these years later and I still use the one and only Vitality I have left.
I have an OD Kuntosh that gets quite a bit of love too.

11 Likes

Vayder with @Legit_yoyostrings Mongoose Strings
12 Likes