What are you throwing today?

I love the OG downbeat, it is the definition of chill. The 2020 is kind of a trip, you hold it in your hand and it feels like its older brother. I’ll be the first to admit I’m a little cautious when I throw a heavy yoyo, I always do a safety throw, I make sure I have the response and string combination chosen to minimize the chance of having it bind unexpectedly. Heavy yoyos can really hurt.

I found myself treating the 2020 the same for the first few throws, until I realized it doesn’t hit the end of the string with the same authoritative thunk. It comes to the end of the string much more gracefully and as it hits the end of the string it very smoothly transfers that energy into whatever direction change you are intending. It actually has some finesse, but is still remarkably stable and it feels plenty powerful. You can throw this thing hard, and it won’t try to dislocate your finger. When I pop it up it has that amazing feeling of floating in the air for a moment and it comes back to the string with a nice presence, its super fun to catch big air with it. Tricks like eli hops and suicides are a joy.

I’ve always felt like the downbeat’s shape and dimensions were in my ideal zone for an organic yoyo, but its weight, and weight distribution limit it. The 2020 reveals the shape’s true potential. It is super comfy, and has plenty of catch zone. I wouldn’t necessarily say it feels light, but it feels really right to me. It should be called the upbeat. I’m still in the honeymoon with this one, but it stands good odds of becoming my favorite One Drop and favorite organic.

6 Likes

I’m going to bed

14 Likes

My First unresponsive

21 Likes

It’s a great yoyo. I love it. On my counter I have my One Drop Top Deck and Magicyoyo N12 and plan on throwing only them this week. Please let us know what your tboughts are on it after you’ve played it a bit.

12 Likes

Aayyyyy! this was my first unresponsive too, different colorway though.

12 Likes

Got a cheapo yoyo strung up for 5A! Actually made the decision to try 5A forgetting that it was 5A May haha. Been feeling uninspired lately so I wanted to change it up. Gotta start working on Bee Sting for the Trick-A-Week challenge!

13 Likes

what yoyo is that

4 Likes

I think it’s a Yoku Friend 7003? I got it in a mystery box from an Indian retailer awhile back. It’s my go-to for travel/commuting and experimenting because it’s a decent performer, it’s just not at all distinctive in any way.

Learned how to silicone on it though so it’s a bit near and dear to my heart.

9 Likes

Nothing but Death today.

16 Likes

…aaaand…what yoyo is it?

3 Likes
6 Likes

Spyy kind of day :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I think this is going to be my evening.
Some 1a on this and some 5a on my Freehand AL from @twitch77!!

20 Likes

How do you like that tiny Sleipnir?

3 Likes

Hey @AngryGumball this is my first impressions when I threw it around for the first time.

Not much has changed since other than I’m getting more used to the size and finding it a little easier to hit tricks and also doing it a bit faster. :slight_smile:

Even things like Kwyjibo isn’t that much harder on it than a full-size which was surprising :slight_smile:

12 Likes

20 Likes

We have those in the woods here too!

7 Likes

Texas is lousy with them. Good grilling meat though😉

3 Likes

19 Likes

What is it you are painting?

2 Likes