What are you throwing today?

Agreed. It’s novelty. I’m not saying it’s superior or anything like that. Just that if one were to put a all wood screw mechanism, this does seem brilliantly logical.

Gonna see if my friend will bring his Weekender to yoyo practice today. I hear good things about it and have been wanting to pick one up. KNack should be in Monday(woot!)

The Weekender is fantastic. Imo it is the perfect metal responsive yoyo for 0A style play. I had a vision of how it would play in my mind before I bought it, and it plays just as great as id hoped. Plays just like a wooden fixie, except spins a bit longer and is less soft on the catch (because metal).

2 Likes

The TMBR woodthread axle system is top craftsmanship. It has benefits such as the axle can be replaced and replaced with a different species of wood. I just find that there is a a much greater chance of making a smoother spinning fixed axle yoyo with a glued in axle. It’s, however very rare that one is dead smooth due to the fact that wood lathes are simply not built for tight tolerances and wood density can vary greatly within yoyo halves.

1 Like

Was that an old Irving? I hear that the newer TMBR yoyos hold together a lot better.

1 Like

Mine did the same, but took a little longer than 5 throws.

1 Like

Bummer. @edhaponik has given sime instructions on how to help with this in the past.

2 Likes

I find myself taking them apart quite a bit, especially on technical flips or GT/Bucket catches where the string cinches and loops around the axle. It is nice to change out a 4/16 axle for a 5/16 or from one material to another when you want to change it up.

Guess I have a pretty solid algorithm for ensuring that the assembly is tight enough to keep it together. Can’t remember my last fly-apart lol. But ymmv.

5 Likes

So far it’s only slipped on me once. But it was due to how I returned it- I caught it side style and it came back with some heat. Pretty sure I was asking for it.no flyapart though.

Nope, bought it after the most recent re-stock (like a week or two ago). It may have loosened up from shipping or something, but it was so new I didn’t even consider that it would fall apart during play. The thing has been solid since, but the mishap is hard to forget.

1 Like

haven’t gotten anything new, just throwing the SCU and Level 6 (which I use the most)

Ok, here is a pic of the yoyo ive been throwing all day:

14 Likes

Some days, just one isn’t enough

11 Likes

Have been unable to unattached this thing from my finger for the past week.

12 Likes

This came in the mail late yesterday but I had to head to work. Getting ready to string it up.

14 Likes

i’m in love with this pair…

13 Likes

Elsa and Anna? or the yoyos? :joy:

8 Likes

You forgot Olaf!:rofl:

6 Likes

This is what I’m throwing today.

15 Likes

ti-vayder and draupnir

18 Likes