What are you throwing today?

I beadblasted and half polished an alu dream today. Didn’t really have time to go for a mirror sheen, or a small wheel to get the cup, but it’s fun and unique so it’ll stay that way.

14 Likes

This is the one that confuses me the most… what (other than maaaybe the backwards and upside down lightning bolt) does that laser engraving have anything to do with this?:

a537113ff2ab6ebcc6c3ca73fe0f6c3e

Like, why the heartagram? This is a very confusing concept…

@edhaponik do you have any insight on this?

8 Likes

A minty fresh www.yoyomuseum.com BC / What’s Next 2005 White and Blue striped edition concave. As seen on Fixed Axle Friday Throws

7 Likes

I mean… yeah I do.
It’s basically the greatest yo-yo team of all time.

6 Likes

Mind giving us some more info on Loop Diggers as well @edhaponik?

1 Like

Oh, well that explains the logo. But I’m still lost on the:

part. Do you know the significance of this?

1 Like

Got settled into the apartment

Some throwin before I go get lit before school starts and ends me :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

What’s your major Andy?
I miss college.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, school. Is that why you get quiet (on this forum) after the summer ends?

7 Likes

Oh you noticed that didn’t you :joy:

3 Likes

Business IT

3 Likes

Drew digs loops! And cats! And yo-yos!
TCL may be an illuminati front but Loop Diggers is accessible to all. :wink:

It is also a reference to an old Madlib/Quasimoto song about spending all of your money looking through old albums to sample for loops.

9 Likes

Thanks Ed :smiley:
I dig cats too! lol

2 Likes

Not to get political, but who doesn’t

2 Likes

“Modded Overthrow”

The Overthrow is probably the Draupnir of plastic yoyos imho opinion, but it’s durability is definitely subpar. I had an incident with dropping it a while ago and both rings fell out, so I glued them back in. I recently decided I should get new 9 Dragon caps to replace mine because I can so I took the rings back out again. For kicks, I strung it up and gave it a throw. At 25g, this is the floatiest yoyo I’ve ever played lol. This thing has virtually no rim-weight and going for a laceration actually affects the way the yoyo moves through air since it’s so light lol. I’ll fix it up eventually, but I’m going to keep it like this for now.

13 Likes

This big ol’lump of a chicken doesn’t atm!

6 Likes

:rofl: that picture is gold
are they yours?

2 Likes

No lol :frowning:
They belong to Mr. Google.

2 Likes

you tell Mr. Google that Mr. Google’s pets are spicy

4 Likes

I used to like Mr. Google. He always had relevant information for whatever I’d ask him about, it was incredible that the man had so much knowledge.

Now any time I ask him something he meanders on endlessly about things that are only tangentially related to what I asked him about until I rephrase the question in very specific ways.

6 Likes