What are you throwing in 2021?

I think the horizon still holds up as one of the best yyf throws of all time

17 Likes

All this talk about Death…I had to jump on the wagon…

20 Likes

That Kramer :heart_eyes: Someday! Is it from Bob or a Zwilling?

3 Likes

The Death Robot looks really elegant; but it is pretty narrow, right?

4 Likes

@zslane, That’s it between an Anti-Yo-YWET and a Smashing-Kubrick. For reference.

15 Likes

The yoyo wiki lists it as 56mm x 43mm x 62.5g. Perfect dimensions, but maybe a little too light?

I have found that most yoyos under 65g don’t unwind from a throw with enough speed and force (for my tastes); The unwind feels slow, and I can feel this weird sliding sensation and a soft termination at the end of the string, as opposed to yoyos in the 65-66g range that don’t have that slow, slippy-slidey feel, and they hit the end of the string with real authority.

2 Likes

Zwilling, unless I win the lottery I’ll never own an original. Best knife I own though. And I own a ton of kitchen knives.

4 Likes

I had to use denim myself. That will fix your problem Sir.

4 Likes

I keep wanting to join his lottery program, just to watch the auctions. Would most likely never be able to get one of the knives he makes either. Have been watching, what looks like the one you have for a long time, such a great knife!

3 Likes

This is less about the weight and more about where the weight is placed. More rim weight/inertia will give the yoyo a feeling like you describe, and vice versa.

7 Likes

Pat couldn’t have said it better @zslane…this thing is deceptively long spinning, because of the rims and shape plus it’s a tank too…just ask @Tobiyo89 how much of a beating these things can take. The hummingbird Tiss is the same weight oddly enough, and the aluminum/SS hummingbird is even lighter I think it’s 62 even or so. Also, denim does work wonders at postponing string “Death”…

8 Likes

Throwing copper. Sudo and Parlay

33 Likes

Gulch, Halberd, Phantom.

2 Likes

This is definitely my favorite yoyo. It’s sooooooo good.

19 Likes

Took Death to work again, He slayed the competition!

16 Likes
  • new thread name*
    when did @Grendel take his death with him
10 Likes

PV44 proto ive always likes H shape more. This one really combines H and organic characteristics nicely. I have enjoyed testing this one a lot.

20 Likes

Great composition on this photo.

7 Likes

I just sold this on the bst but I just wanted to say the skywalker is still a fantastic throw. It’s definitely a throw I would consider an essential that everyone should try.

17 Likes

After a year of not being at work and coming back, remembered this was in my desk the last year… In the dark…

It was waiting for my return :slight_smile:

16 Likes