What are you throwing in 2021?

Yoooo… Thanks for wanting to hear my thoughts on them. Definitely planning on Alpha Steel by the end of the month. Wasn’t sure about the Ridgeback because I am pretty sure the most recent run was the last one. But I suppose a yoyo being “retired” hasn’t stopped me before…

1 Like

How is the hand feel + size feel on that zeekio?

2 Likes

Honestly… I really like it in hand. It’s significantly undersized but not ridiculously small. Other throws definitely feel a bit big if I pick them up right after playing it. Love the organic shape - feels really… natural? In terms of both feel and play, I have been pretty impressed. Does feel a little heavy in the hand and on string for the size but it’s not a rock.

6 Likes

I know you didn’t ask me…

17 Likes

Sounds neat. Whats it weigh? And thanks for the pic @ChrisFrancz

2 Likes

60g 45 x 36. I think if it was lighter it’d be a real pain. It’s got enough of a lip for finger spins and a D bearing.

4 Likes

And… A lot less painful.

1 Like

I’m so confused by the Akita Basecamp cans. Is the Akita a Basecamp model? I thought it had nothing to do with the Basecamp collab.

1 Like

Death

22 Likes

Special Basecamp colorway, “subtle two-tone, slightly heavier blast.” - from IG

To be more specific, the cans were used as packaging for all the throws at the Basecamp party they held at 2019 Worlds. Steve said there were 10 or so Akitas left over from then that were held back for some other plans that never came to fruition.

5 Likes

They had dozens of these cans stacked up like a soup kitchen at the event!!!

5 Likes

20210106_235652A_snap Magic yoyo Node with Home made Christmas Strings that i made.

16 Likes

I made some XMAS string too… Not all that hard!

How did yours come out? Soft enough? Mine are play ok but are a bit stiff and tuff on the hands. I’m curious as to what thread type would make up a soft like kitty string soft.

If I could find the right thread I’m all about making my own!!

17 Likes

Death.

19 Likes

Three of my favourites:
Anti-Yo, OG YWet
CLYW, Chief
CLYW, Bear vs d4n

32 Likes

Got the same Chief in that colour-way, love it!

2 Likes

Very sexy.

3 Likes

:+1:t2: :+1:t2:

22 Likes

mine was thick and a bit rough but like its sorta ish like magic yoyo string and a kitty between both so its kinda got the best of both worlds i guess

1 Like

23 Likes