What are you throwing in 2021?

my two most ripped rippers lol

2 Likes

I already knew I loved how purpleheart looked with a bit of age, but the zebrawood is the big winner for me. I’ve never seen it in real life before, and the grain pattern looks even prettier in person. I love the shape too if you’d ever consider revisiting it in the distant future. The concave cut on the side is deep enough to pull start, and that cut just feels super unique in your hand (in a good way).

5 Likes

Excellent that’s exactly what that groove was intended for.

5 Likes

Found this old thing I made years ago. Replaced the axle with an 8mm Tassie oak one a couple of years back. It’s was a favourite of my some for ‘drag the dog’ when he was smaller.

16 Likes

Whats the brown one?

1 Like

Freehand One Titanium, small bearing prototype V1!

33 Likes

In Mongu we trust

30 Likes

I took the cross bones chip to work today.

25 Likes

New prototype - Fixiiii 33mm x 50mm

30 Likes

Is that a FHAL?

I wish duncan did a mongu version for the FHAL1.

5 Likes

Not bad.

21 Likes

Out and about today. So picked up my Node to hang from my belt.

19 Likes

I agree. Wish I still had one. Also try the Y factor, that’s also really good.

5 Likes

I had a pink Project a while back, but ended up swapping it for a glossy E1NS, I believe. Wish I’d held onto both of those, haha. The P2 has stayed with me because the guys at OD gave it to me when a buddy and I road-tripped from Seattle to Eugene to see their workshop. Got out of the hobby for a few years after that, so I wasn’t aware of this yoyo’s next evolution. I’ll have to give finding one a shot when I have a few bucks to spare; thanks for the recommendation.

3 Likes

Looks great! Love the BIG nipple! What is the axle? Steel rod? What diameter? I’d love a top down pic of the cup to get an idea of how you modeled it!

2 Likes

3D printed yoyos always seem like they have the most satisfying texture to hold. The spikes on this are awesome.

1 Like

Thanks. It is very quick print so it shows a lot texture/lines :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This one is fun

29 Likes

It uses a 4mmx20mm steel axel.
Here you go:

Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 20.12.57

12 Likes

Look so great Ray. You inspired me to get after some designs over the last few days.

Assuming you printed with the outside face down, I’m wondering how the overhang printed without support.

3 Likes