What are you throwing 2024?

Homemade silk, 9 wraps of guttermann silk 10”7 down to 8”6. I actually made it today because all my previous fresh strings are all getting worn out.

the “rig” aka drill with s-hooks lol

23 Likes

It’s BEAUTIFUL!!

4 Likes

Would you say that similar thickness silk string is more slippy or more grippy than poly and poly/nylon blends? Or even 100%nylon.

3 Likes

Topyos bearing tool work good for mounting yoyos on a drill

3 Likes

Recess nickel plated Firecracker with YYSL Blood Red Ammo at work today.

27 Likes

I ain’t gitten on no plane fool !!!

1 Like

I don’t really have a ton of experience with poly/nylon strings but silk tends toward the slippy side for me. if I didnt twist it so tight it might start getting grippier but it would lose some of the whip/slack properties. It also softens as it breaks in of course which makes binds more snaggy. Some of my really old worn out strings are not holding torsion well anymore and can get really snaggy. At that point they can become cat toy making materials!

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I though it looked like silk, I want to try some so bad but nobody sells silk yo-yo string

2 Likes

Yeah silk is such a neat idea that I miss the few times folks pop up to make some

2 Likes

Button bros! :fist_right::fist_left:

1 Like

Man, I love the feel and sound of the Genesis 2023. It’s an amazing undersized yoyo. One of the best classic remake JDS designs by SUS Mechanics that will be regretted later on by those who missed out but got a chance to play around with one. Very fun comfy yoyo.

2 Likes

24 Likes

SS day

29 Likes

It really is a monster. Fun throw

24 Likes

I was throwing my Apathy as I walked half asleep through my house first thing this morning when I felt someone viciously yank the yoyo right out of my hand. After a second of being startled, I realized the pull string on a light I had passed under had binded my yoyo, lol.

36 Likes

Spinworthy Flying Lemon.

MR85 bearing unresponsive.

57 Likes

I like that shape and color @Glenacius_K

8 Likes

Hey thanks a lot @JEA86!

5 Likes

I’m not used to seeing MR85s in this type of yo-yo. My brain keeps scaling it up as though that is a C bearing and it looks monsterous (-ly cool).

Looks good at any scale.

12 Likes

I wonder if a machine shop would be willing to add a small groove to such a tiny bearing or if a centering mr85 is even possible

3 Likes