What are you throwing, 2022?

Ran outta Samoas.

31 Likes

Yeah same again but I only brought one throw on a trip with it.

26 Likes

32 Likes

Throwing this beech Bloodcell with kot-n SE string. I just started using the kot- SE after running out of regular kot-n, and I really like it. Also, I think beech is a great wood for a fixie. The grain “grippiness” seems to be somewhere between oak and maple.

38 Likes

Working on my Spirit Bomb before I’ve even had an espresso this morning.

32 Likes

Been spending this week with some delightful d-bearings.

RSO Tiramisu FD mod44
DD Assassin GWAY Daredevil
A-RT Fe/urn A-RT Dale

D-bearings really shine in smaller and/or lighter throws IMO; I would love to see a d-bearing plastic (or maybe even Mg? :thinking:). The Tiramisu is actually my “least” favorite in this bunch because it’s weighted like a more traditionally competition geared yo-yo; it has a lot of power! While it’s an absolute blast to play and a beast of performance, it definitely has me much more focused on avoiding snags compared to other yo-yos. They hurt a whole lot more when they hit my hands with the Tiramisu vs others; titanium is really hard!

30 Likes

If remember right the milk 2% had both D and C bearing spr

The real fun was that the spr for the metal milk as well

3 Likes

Today i finally had the tools and materials and time to anodize.

So i turned this.

In to this.

So you can guess what I’ll be throwing the next few days.

48 Likes

I really want to try a D bearing mod44 at some point. My C bearing mod44 setup is only 59g, and I’ve heard a couple other people say they think D bearings make lighter weight yoyos feel even better.

The C bearing setup with that weight feels like it has almost no power behind any throw, but I love how that weight actually plays after the throw. I think the D bearing giving it a noticeably more powerful spin would make a world of difference.

4 Likes

That’s gorgeous!

5 Likes

I kinda agree with this. I’ve been using BadWolfeCo Slicc (Nylon) Slims, and it’s helped a lot with the snags.

3 Likes

Tiramisu C bearing fixed everything I didn’t love about the D bearing - it’s a darn near perfect YoYo for what it is

5 Likes

I think the D-bearing mod44 is exactly what you’re after then! I actually had a C-bearing mod44 back when they first released. While it was super cool and the concept executed really well, I wasn’t the biggest fan of how it played and ended up selling it not too long after. Then like a year down the road I had a chance to try the D-bearing version at club and was blown away at how much difference the bearing size made. I absolutely adore how it plays and can’t wait to find more rims to try out.

I’ve been using Kitty First Class Fat with it (I use it w/ all my throws) which isn’t actually too thick but just thick enough that I have to be careful. I’ll have to pick up some normal and see how that fares with it.

While the D-bearing is a fantastic throw, I agree with this, the Tiramisu 2 is everything I wanted from the original. The larger bearing and slight extra width make a huge difference in how it plays.

9 Likes

Dude that is so awesome!!

1 Like

Are the slims pretty much like standard thickness string? I love the goldilocks but on some yoyos I wish it was a tiny bit thinner.

6 Likes

They feel a little slimmer than normal thickness strings to me, definitely slimmer than ZipLine Prestige or Skyline.

I’m not sure if that helps or not.

2 Likes

Now that it’s nice and happy looking I’m really enjoying this floaty boi.

28 Likes

ShyGuy by Zeekio
For the last four or five days this is the first yoyo, and sometimes the only yoyo, I pick up after work.
It so darn good. Really smooth, stable, sleeps forever, and stays on plane better then most.
10/10 says IGN

25 Likes

Thesis Yoyos Invictus
Just copped one of these and having a lot of fun with it!

26 Likes

Prestige 2022

Trying it out with different string thickness and lengths to see if I can find a configuration I like because so far I’m not really liking it. Giving it the rest of this week, the Royal 1 took some time for me to warm up to but has become one of my faves.

30 Likes