What are you throwing, 2022?

Celebrating last year’s preorder with my Prime8 Sunken Treasure

31 Likes

Responsive 5A with the Confusion this morning.

23 Likes

I bought the TD based the enduring enthusiasm for a yoyo despite OD releasing a steady supply of well received designs in the years since. That could be termed “hype”.

I had zero expectations other than that it would be up to OD’s standards. I played it for a fair amount of time before reading any of the criticisms, and none of them really resonate for me. Even now that I can seek them out, the TD doesn’t stand out to me as particularly heavy or sharp edged. Those are pretty objective observations. We know it’s weight and dimensions, so I can’t say that the criticism is unfair. They just never occurred to me and I don’t feel them now.

As far as the power, what stands out to me is how easy it is to put power into it and maintain stability. Also how much spin time I get for a relatively casual throw. To someone with more experience/finesse, this may be a useless feature that does not justify the weight. If someone can get the same performance out of a lighter yoyo, and they prefer lighter yo-yos anyway, the TD may not win them over.

The TD could be a “mid” yoyo to some. It’s not my absolute favorite, but I get why a bunch of people think it is great.

12 Likes

Yoyo endgame, or at least dangerously close to it. Would prefer if the Quercus was a second Magnolia. Also need a pink Duncan dice, but clear will do for now. Kitty XL on the Quercus, Kitty Polo sig on the Magnolia, Kitty Shinji sig on the loop ups. Polo is super nice, but I’m probably going to just use Kitty FC XL on all of my 1A/5A yoyos going forward.

27 Likes

This morning playing one of my favorite Zeros hopped up from stock with a Dif-E-Yo KonKave A, single CoreCo Pink and laced with YYE Bulk White 100% Poly Competition Sting

28 Likes

Still got Ernie in my pocket!

33 Likes

I don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but I cannot fathom buying a product for the second time and expecting a core design characteristic that you simply didn’t like to change. No wonder it stood out as being disappointing. Aside from that, I can agree to disagree here. Sometimes genuine dislike is borne out of a design not living up to a preconceived notion, which is subjective.

You don´t sound like a jerk, no problem. I bought my first one used, non-marked version and no box. I have red about chinese replicas, so I though I was scammed. No way that yoyo could be the high-praised top deck. That is why I decided to buy another one. My second came from an european seller for a very good price. I didn´t regret buying them because I see them as collector items.

8 Likes

I see, thanks for clarifying. I have not given much thought to whether or not certain of my yoyos are counterfeit, so that didn’t occur to me.

2 Likes

Yeah, the Top Deck is not great for the current meta. Like, if I was into horizontal play, I would not pick up one of my Top Decks. And if some kid from IG or TT asked for a good yoyo to do DNA with, I’d point them elsewhere.

Having said that, my taste in yoyos is largely stuck in the 2016-2018 era, and so a lot of One Drop’s offerings from that period are what I gravitate towards and think of as “ideal”. Hence my adoration of the VTWO and the Top Deck.

12 Likes

Classic, Freehand 1 and Borealis.

27 Likes

Me, not much time to throw though I did have my Stryker in my pocket. My Pokémon though, I learned, does yoyo tricks! So cool!

19 Likes

Nice half swap too! :smile:

4 Likes

Eclipse by OD x OYY

30 Likes

31 Likes

Some sweet Mono-metals for this chilly Monday morning.

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

33 Likes

23 Likes

A heavy week asks for a heavy throw.

26 Likes

In honor of the World Cup, i had to switch up the choice of throws for my “Mono Metal Monday”.

:grin:

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

19 Likes

Flat tire and Kamuraiju.

Still fresh right out of the box, but the Kamuraiju is my cup of tea… more power and stability then i thought it would have. Makes me want another one

34 Likes