What are you throwing, 2022?

Something different for everyday of the year at this point. :wink:

I like variety :hugs:

38 Likes

Oh, boy. And I thought it was me who had a problem! :money_mouth_face:

10 Likes

As long as someone else has a bigger ‘problem’, then you don’t have one. That’s the axiom I abide by. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I got the same headphones!

5 Likes

I was going to ask what headphones those are.

1 Like

Apple air pods max

3 Likes

Is that kettle by fellow? I think we have the same pot

4 Likes

It totally is, I have the same one, lol.

4 Likes

I also have this kettle. Weird coincidence

2 Likes

Locus is what I’m not throwing because of this rascal.

34 Likes

Yep! Love this thing. My wife works at a coffee equipment company so I love getting to try all the cool stuff lol.

16 Likes

Im trying to up my coffee game as well! Is a fancier kettle worth it? Is it an experience thing or a better coffee thing?

5 Likes

A little of both! The spout definitely helps direct the water but if you’re using French Press or Aeropress it doesn’t make a big difference.

But it does help to pour with the same kettle that your water was boiled in to keep the water temperature up.

4 Likes

Yea for sure! From what I’ve gathered from my wife talking about it, nothing super different from a regular kettle except for the spout and heating times. This kettle heats up really quick and the spout allows for a little bit more accurate poor. The spout is also really good for pour over/drip coffee. Allows for a more consistent poor to allow for a really nice bloom of the coffee while it brews.

3 Likes

Temperature controls + a burr grinder are the two best ways to level up your coffee experience! Once you’re able to start tuning the temperature of your coffee brew, in combinations with your grinds, you can find the perfect combinations for your personal preferences. These days, I’m using the same kettle (Fellow) with a Kinu grinder and a Chemex. Highly recommend upgrading grinder+kettle!

7 Likes

Another thing to consider is the water you’re using. If it doesn’t taste good to drink, it won’t make good coffee.

6 Likes

Grinder might be the next buy! Seems more important than a kettle for now.

6 Likes

Definitely more important! Just a little plug for my wife :smiley:. Prima Coffee Equipment: Brew Better Everyday!

6 Likes

+1, although the hardness of the water is largely geographic. I know a lot of coffee enthusiasts who use a brita filter on their coffee water before brewing.

Maybe it’s time to spin off into a coffee thread

3 Likes

I have been very partial to my siphon as of late but it’s not always the most timely option. French press made by fellow is what I usually go with on a more coarse grind.

4 Likes