What are the different styles of play?

What are the different styles of play?

I wanna know the styles so I will know mine… I’ve been yo-yoing since I was 11 but I haven’t heard about the different styles of yo-yo play…

http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/002-basic-five-styles.html
this tells you

1A (string tricks usually with a butterfly shaped yoyo), 2A (looping tricks usually with two modified imperial shaped yoyos), 3A (string tricks usually with two butterfly shaped yoyos), 4A (offstring usually with a butterfly shaped yoyo) (similar to diablo which is known as the chinese yoyo), and 5A (couterweight or freehand) (played with a counterweight tied to the string)

Moebius- Use of the slipknot to do tricks. Can be done in other “A’s” except

1.5a (dualstring)- use of secondary extra string while doing 1a. Strings are shortened the same length like what is done for 3a. Its like 3a but done in 1a.

Slippery Eel- 5a manuevers without a counterweight in 1a.

Tourniquet style- Two string tied together, slipknot worn on bicep, throw like as if doing 5a but your doing 1a tricks.

Switch style- tie yoyo to other hand, but throw yoyo with your right hand and return to right hnd so you throw it like 5a as well.

Hydra/ A squared- Tie too yoyo strings together with two yoyos at the end. throw like 5a, do 3a esque manuevers. A squared is the next upgrade to the style where you use the hubstacks to return it, as well as do 5a esque manuevers with the hubstacks.

these might help  :slight_smile:

1 Like