Want to try a wide YoYo

The 1 to 1 is excellent! SUPER fun to throw! Get some LEGO side effects and some LEGO plates to do fingerspins on too!

2 Likes

The YYF Overthrow is the widest plastic I know of. It has a fingerspin cup but itā€™s really hard to get your finger in there because itā€™s raised. I really like it though, it performs great and feels lovely. Massively under rated yoyo.

Ben once put up a discount code because I was singing its praises. Good times.

2 Likes

Depending on your budget for a wide, fingerspin dimple, plastic:
Pretty wide (49.73mm), Delrin: Thesis Serenade. You can pick one up on the BST, but probably wonā€™t find one new anywhere. Itā€™s the fingerspin cheat code, itā€™s that good. A nice, higher end plastic. Great grinds.
Wide-ish (47.15 mm), cheap: TopYo Mojo. Not a mega-wide, but a bit wider than the plastics you mentioned, fingerspins well once you get in the dimple, plays pretty heavy, but not a complete brick on a string.

They arenā€™t nearly as wide as the metals that are available or the Overthrow, so I donā€™t know if youā€™ll really get what you are looking for out of them.

Ive been looking at the overthrow I will eventually pick one up. Thanks @chaosgow

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

@pmdon ā€¦ BST???

1 Like

BST stands for Buy, Sell, Tradeā€¦so heā€™s saying youā€™d have to find someone to either buy it from, or trade for it.

2 Likes

Of Courseā€¦ Thanks

2 Likes

The Umbra should be available mid January.

3 Likes

thanks

2 Likes

I mean, Iā€™d go for a significantly wide yoyo, while the mojo is fantastic, it just doesnā€™t give me the same feeling on the string as many wide yoyos Iā€™ve tried do.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input! Thatā€™s why I listed it as ā€œwide-ishā€, since I was pretty sure it wasnā€™t going to play like one of the truly wide throws that are available. Iā€™m willing to bet that the Serenade plays more like a standard design as well, rather than a super-wide.

1 Like