under $110: string trick yoyo

I don’t necessarily have to spend $110, that’s just a maximum that I set so that people don’t recommend something that I cannot afford.
If you’ve tried a yoyo that you find to be exceptional, by all means, post your opinion here.
All suggestions are welcome.

For my lyn fury, I push the bearing into the bearing’s slot in one of the halves, covering 1mm of the bearing’s width (4mm sticking out). Then I screw the halves together until i feel friction, and keep screwing until it stops dead.
I’ll try red (thick) shims on the lyn.

Thank you everyone, I’ve ordered the yyf yuuksta.

Thank you everyone, I’ve ordered the yyf yuuksta. (you saved 25 dollars for not picking the g5)
It was a tough choice between yuuksta, protege, and dv888, so I just went with the yoyo that was more aesthetically pleasing to my eye, because they all are great yoyos.

I think YYJ thin shims would be better on the LF. It already has some built in shim on the axle seat compared to other YYJ models of the same vintage.

As to a recommendation for something else, I think in that price range a journey is a good buy. For a bit more, you can’t go wrong with a hitman. The LF is the same shape as a HM but they really play entirely different. Personally I never liked the LF very much.

That said, the yyf yuuksta is probably as good a choice as any.

1 Like

[quote=“gtyoyo,post:21,topic:19051”]
Just so you know, you only have to screw it down far enough so that there isn’t a visible gap next to the bearing. I hope you like the Yuuksta.

1 Like

I agree with Yuuksta or a second hand Peak, or any other CLYW yoyo.

1 Like