TWO New Porykon Counterweights! Momiji & Sumo!

Momiji:

Cube shaped counterweights has always been the main trend in the freehand style. I like using cube shaped counterweights, but it’s difficult to find out one which is really suitable for me.

I’ve been discussing shapes with the PoryKon design team for a while and we finally decided to produce a cube shaped counterweight with PoryKon’s design elements.

Momiji keeps the classic cube shape, but the weight distribution is different than your average cube shaped counterweight. The Momiji adds b-lock system (Invented by Sora Ishikawa) and low-wall bottom design to untie the knot with the string more easily and keep the counterweight more level with the end of the string.

The Momiji the perfect upgrade for any yoyo players who love classic cube shaped counterweights!

Releasing Saturday 7/25 @ 8PM EDT.

SUMO:

As we all know, the original PoryKon’s feeling is totally different than standard dice and ball shaped counterweights. We thought out a new concept for this one: A counterweight combining dice and PoryKon’s characteristics. The Sumo!

We started our project in July 2019. We knew that Hiroyasu Ishihara a.k.a. PON was using dice shaped counterweights before he changed to PoryKon. And watching PON’s 5A style, we decided he is the best candidate for this new project. We told him our idea and invited him to be our tester and he agreed!

Our engineer Ng Wang Kit ( Lowhand ) arrived met with Pon and tested the SUMO prototype and discussed ideas. After several months of testing by Pon, the 'new counterweight was ready for final development. After taking in Pon’s opinion, we increased the width and the weight of the body (sample 10.4g > final version 10.9g) to improve the stability and handling of the counterweight. Pon decided to name it ‘‘SUMO’’ because this is the best representative of strength and steadiness.

SUMO is different shape than PoryKon but the size is about the same as the dice. Therefore, I think that dice users can easily control it and will enjoy the SUMO!

Releasing Saturday 7/25 @ 8PM EDT.

7 Likes

these are so sick :smiley:

2 Likes

Are these something that will be reliably restocked or will restocks be sporadic?

1 Like

@YoYoExpertGarrett do you think you might be able to do a line up of the different porykon models so I could get an idea of size? Trying to see how my current porykon compares so I know what I want next.

yeah no problem, I’ll get a picture of them later today.

1 Like

Thanks!!

1 Like

7 Likes

Thanks for the comparison photo. The Sumo looks rad!

3 Likes

Althought Momiji here in Brazil is a rice brand, it looks high tech, that would be my choice if I ever venture on this path.