Trompos Jupiter question

Thanks for the link, I’ve been looking at some videos while waiting for them to arrive. They make it look so easy.

Howard

This was very helpful for me because I’m just getting started.
Can’t say enough about the YoYo Factory Sort Circuit. I’ve only been playing tops for about 2 weeks and my learning curve has been a fun experience with this top. I’ve always been one that believes, when learning a new skill you need to learn to crawl before you can walk. In other words start with the basics. Get them down, solid, with the most basic equipment. Don’t be in a hurry to move up to advanced equipment until you’ve become solid on the basic skills with the beginner equipment.
I believe I made this mistake years ago when learning yoyo play. When I started bearing yoyos where just coming into popularity. I didn’t even really know they existed. I started with wood, then quickly discovered bearings. I believe I did myself more harm than good advancing to bearing yoyos before I was actually ready. I hadn’t learned to crawl. I wanted to walk and run.
It took wisdom to learn I need to get the basic skills down solid with wood before I could successfully progress to more advanced equipment.
Yes it’s true some advanced equipment “can” bring a new player some form of instant gratification. However, it will only end up being short lived instant gratification. The skill of crawling will not have been mastered, and false success will fallow leading to failure and frustration. Also leading to searching for the, “silver bullet” equipment when it isn’t the equipment it’s the player that didn’t crawl before he could walk. All kinds of unnecessary money spent.
By the way I apparently scored a great deal on eBay. I got a roller Neptuno from an eBay seller that didn’t know what he was selling or didn’t care. He sold it for under $2.
I also didn’t know anything about it. I just found a cool looking metal top and won the bid. Score!

2 Likes

I saw in the Mail Day thread that you got these. How are you liking them so far?

I like the Jupiter much better than the Neptuno. I set the weight to about the middle. I’m still a noobie and working on my throw.

I wouldn’t buy the Neptuno again, first one had a bad wobble when it is held by the tip, got a replacement and just as bad. The Jupiter spins very smooth

1 Like