Trick-a-Week 2024—#37 Dimension Ghost

I did this a bit and thought of a couple more things.

Make sure you are not gripping the string on your Yoyo finger with middle, ring, and pinky like we often do to create separation and stick it straight out in front of you. Also I do think it is easier if you move the string to the back side of throw hand bc it just feels more natural when it goes around.

This is like a type of chopsticks element right after you do the undercut and it does help to keep nth making a nice C shape instead of straightening out into an L shape.

Here is a vid showing these tips bc it’ll just be easier to understand what I’m talking about.

5 Likes

Yooo! Thank you the video, after watching it I realize I’m rolling everything over my first 3 fingers of my NTH hand and have my pinky sticking out instead of all my fingers. I’ll focus on that C shape as well with my NTH. Thanks again for taking the time to film this!

2 Likes

Woooo no problem! Really glad it helped!

2 Likes

Im having some trouble with the hop at 3:05 :frowning:
When I pop the yoyo somehow the string “loops the axle” instead of “rejecting” and properly landing on the nth like the video shows…

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

3 Likes

Try not to let any slack form. Keep tension on the mounts and from the Yoyo like an Eli hop and you should be golden. I was only able to get this to happen when I let the mount get soggy. You can keep the tension on the mount good by pulling hands apart a bit or at least not moving them closer together. Good luck lemme know if you’re still struggling and maybe send an attempt video so we can try to spot the issue

4 Likes

I landed it dude!!! Many thanks!
Now I just need to land all the rest :joy::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

henry summarized the solution well but i tend to do well when i know what’s mechanically happening, so here’s what i found: that weird twist forms when the string is learning too close to you, so it gets caught on the clockwise spin of the yoyo and wraps around the bearing. hope that helps you understand it better, im also struggling w it

2 Likes

keeping my throw hand (that is pinching the string) a big higher than the nth combined with twisting the nth loop towards my chest is what is working for me.

but since im making it right only 80% of the time im just assuming that magic exists and im doing it wrong 20% of the time :joy:

1 Like
6 Likes

Week 12 - Stuft Crust

Smooth little trick from Jacob of Pizza with a great toss element at the end.

7 Likes

Here’s my take:

9 Likes

Yooo taw is early today :fire::fire_engine: Also, this is like the 6th taw in a row that ends in a GT.

1 Like

Have your knot picks ready for this week’s trick :smile:

3 Likes

I would like to take a moment to apologize to everyone for my screen name. I was foolish when I made it and now I cannot change it. Good luck y’all!

7 Likes

Sometimes I feel really good about my ability. Then I see a trick like this and realize how insane some of this hobby can get lol

2 Likes

Yooo! You got this! It’s just a chopsticks and then some rolls…and the suicide lol. gt suicides like this are also a bit easier than regular suicides bc the triangle holds that nice open shape better. Just remember to check string tension often. Also don’t feel like you need to do the suicide either like you can just roll the mount around and into the brother gt also if that’s the part worrying you. Either way, trying it will help you improve!

5 Likes

Nice trick this week!

Week 11

Week 12

8 Likes
8 Likes

You look bored to death! This man said, “these tricks be too easy.”