Trick-a-Week 2024—#37 Dimension Ghost

Thank you for picking one of my tricks for the Trick-a-week! It is a major honor to be included!

Dimension Ghost is a nifty little trick that lead on to an entire series of crazy 3d-esque suicide tricks. The sequel to this one is a 720 spin instead of 360!

:3

5 Likes

Hoping for a little guidance on Week 27’s rejection to hook. The part I’m struggling with is the first rejection, when you uncross your hands. I feel like I’m missing a step. I can get the rejection part, however, I’m struggling to land the yoyo into that double on double or nothing.

The Zach Hook part on its own doesn’t cause any issues. It’s just getting into the position before the Zach Hook that’s causing me a bit of confusion.

1 Like

I’m just gonna write out the steps so we know everything is set up correctly and we’re not missing anything. It’s the DoN with the double on, then roll into the top string and all the way around both hands, crossing th over nth. Then you hop up a bit and use the thumb to cause the rejection and pass nth under the yoyo. If you aren’t landing on both segments of string, keep the string wrapped closer together (basically on top of itself) when you roll around both hands. Bold is for the step you might be missing. I’m not exactly sure what’s going wrong though like what does the mount look like when you do the rejection?

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the help on this one. You may be right about the needing to pass my NTH under the yoyo. I’ve more been focusing on moving my TH instead of my NTH after the first rejection.

After the first rejection I find myself in a Hidemasa Hook sorta position, except with my NTH thumb still holding the string back.

2 Likes

Aight cool you can try to film yourself and see if you can spot the problem in playback also. Like no need to share it but seeing another view can lead to lots of ah hah! Moments

1 Like

Here’s a video that shows what keeps happening to me after the first rejection.

2 Likes

Aight aight I see the problem. When you’re doing the rejection with th thumb, you’re pointing towards the middle and dropping the strings off of th index at the same time. Just be careful not to let those slide off and you should be all good! The rest of the trick looks correct and you’re super close! Let me know if that makes sense and if it helps sort out the trick!

Edit oh yeah I took these screenshots but forgot to add them

2 Likes

Ahhh ok thank you! You’re referring to the index finger on my throw hand, right? And that’s why I have no string left on my throw hand after the rejection.

1 Like

Yes exactly !

Been adulting waaay too much lately… I don’t like it. Anyhoo, here is week 33 - Houdini’s Milk Carton Escape

6 Likes
4 Likes