Travel

I think that some experts and staff of this website should travel to a few states and help people learn about the special art of yoyoing and help some get better. I would personally like this because it would give me a change to get some help and have a chance to meet and bond with some higher experienced people. Anyone have a way to help me make this possible?

You’d probably need to pay for their travel as well as the time they lose by doing it. If you’re willing to do that, then go for it. Otherwise, post in the contest, club, and event section to see if there is anybody near you, which is the much more efficient way to learn.

1 Like

There are groups like this that promote yoyoing at schools and camps and such. Proyo went everywhere in the late 90s.

well i have reached out to people in my area but where i live no one seems to want to do anything and teach people things. Everyone in my neighborhood does not take kindly to random acts of kindness and they dont like to do for others

Why don’t you put together a yoyo club or look on meet up.com to see if something like that exists in your town.

1 Like

Where are you from?

I am from tenessee in a place called elizabethton. And that website and club might be a great idea. I have a small group of 3 or 4 members and expending out group may help thanks.

I am from near Huntsville, Alabama. There aren’t many clubs around here, but there are contests every now and then. Georgia State Yoyo Contest was just this past October and will most likely be held that same time of year next year. Southeast Regionals is always a good one (you do NOT have to qualify from a state contest to compete in any division) and that, from what I hear, will be held sometime in May of next year. Going to either one of those is a great experience. To make these contests even better, they are usually judged by professional players from around the US and sometimes they compete or do demonstrations throughout the day. Whenever a division is not in progress, you can easily step right up and ask them questions or talk to them. Another great thing about going to contests is that they really show how WONDERFUL this yoyo community is and how nice everyone is to each other.
My advice to you is to get to one of those contests next year (or both).

Well I am not old enough to do any of that and i live with my grandparents and cannot do things like that. I wish I could that would be awesome!