Trade Pending

Another one from WW1, a pair of British artillery binoculars, In awesome shape for being 110 ish years old, imagine what these have seen! Once again just looking for cool throws! Or a spin top!

5 Likes

The blurry shot through the lens is only because the glass in my window is wavy

Where on earth do you find all these treasures from?!

1 Like

I always tell people my collection is fluid, I’ve had lots of very cool stuff over the years. Been trading with people since I was about 12 and I’m 31 now, I find ways to get cool stuff even though I’m poor :joy:. But I’ve got a pretty good eye for antiques as well, and cameras/optical devices in general. I’m really interested in things that enhance vision, or things used for precision measurement. I’ve always been into military stuff as well. The barter system has been a huge part of my life for a long time. I traded a Pokémon card for a very nice shotgun one time lol

2 Likes

Short version, got it in a trade lol

1 Like

Teach me your ways :pray::joy:

1 Like

Something I’ve learned is a lot more people are interested in trading things than you may think, there are a couple local antique shops around me that I do a lot of trading with. So a lot of times if they have an item I like I’ll just ask if they’d be interested in any trades for it, I’ve even done this with items on eBay. I usually have something good to trade. I usually trade in the other persons favor. Whatever item I bring to trade I will learn every piece of information about it that I can, it helps to be knowledgeable about what you’re trading. Swap shops are awesome too, I’m a regular at a couple of those around here as well. But I think a big part is being confident in your item, like I said knowing everything about it and about what it’s worth and not trying to trade for something way more valuable than your item.

1 Like

time to do this :grin:

1 Like

I’ve always thought that was so cool! I think about that story from time to time when I’m trading things