This is getting out of hand. My latest game took like 2 hours. I prefer playing in practice mode since you can get higher scores haha.

Took me awhile but I got thisā€¦

I just got a new phone and have been playing it nonstop. I thought I was pretty good, until I came onto this threadā€¦

I still suck. I havenā€™t even got 2048 yet. Every time I feel unstoppable and on a roll, the ā€œcheckerboardā€ pattern of 2ā€™s and 4s gets me:

ā€¦ when Iā€™m down to only two ā€œworkingā€ columns. If you donā€™t get exactly the right random pop, youā€™re done.

Not to say Iā€™m ā€œdoing it rightā€ā€¦ just that Iā€™m on a roll. Kyleā€™s scores clearly reflect that thereā€™s a way to solve this problem that I havenā€™t figured out yet. Haha!

My trick is that I only swipe in 3 directions. I try to keep my highest number on the bottom right (NEVER swiping left) and try to build off that in an up-and-down pattern.

Yeah, I cribbed that (I never swipe right) and itā€™s what definitely gets me on the rolls. But then I box myself into that checkerboard of 2ā€™s and 4ā€™s eventually. Practice and pattern recognition I guess. :wink:

Yep!

I was using a pretty clean system until I was forced to push them all down. Luckily, I clamored out my first success.

http://puu.sh/8sjiJ.png

EDIT: did it again.

http://puu.sh/8sXtN.png

Thereā€™s a practice mode? Where?

ohai just noticed this

My PB is the 8192 tile. Iirc the score was around 80K

I believe it depends on which app store you get the game through. Iā€™m running Android so I got my version off Google Play. The practice mode was a recent update.

1 Like

Uhggggg so closeā€¦

I got my first 2048 the other day. Very proud moment for me.

I hit one million on a game.

Photoshop.

Just kidding.

But no, itā€™s Photoshop.

Seriously, this time, just kidding.

I still havenā€™t even hit 2048. I donā€™t try that often, but youā€™d think Iā€™d have hit it by now.

How many undos?

Couple hundred thousand haha. That game was meticulously crafted over the course of about a week.

Lol, try it like the rest of us have to do it.

If you run Android you can undo it too.

Haha yeah I quit doing practice mode after that game. High score without any undos: 60856.