Throw-Yo SOLUTION Strings (ramp up)

I’ve got 5 “seconds” that I’ve made using my new production rig that I’m willing to send to the first person who says they want them.

They’re 100% polyester, size 6 (or what I’m calling “6 cP Potion Strings”). They’re completely useable strings, just not in color combinations I liked, and one where I ran out of a color and had to splice in a third color. These strings will play great, they just aren’t one of the 3 introductory color combos I’m working on now.

Eventually, I’ll be sending out more strings for people to test, so keep an eye out here! I’ll also have some deals in the near future to help fund a better rig and more colors.

3 Likes

Keep us posted on your progress.

1 Like

Will do! I’ve got a bit to go before I’m ready to ramp up production, and a few different formulas I want to try for other blends, but I’m hoping by mid-year I’ll have something solid to offer.

2 Likes

OK! The free strings are spoken for, but I’ll have other opportunities here soon.

Question for everyone. What are your favorite colors for strings? Do you prefer solid strings, 2-color strings, or multi-color strings?

1 Like

Generally I choose solid string. I try to go for blue, neon orange, or white.

If there are multiple color strings I like to have the strings go neon or have vibrant colors… Be kind of cool to have a string color that matches the color style of the video game Splatoon. If you can mix the colors of the the neon purple and green, (or any other color set of that style) that would be super cool.

2 Likes

I was literally just trying that, but the colors I had were too light to make much of a difference :smiley:

I doubt I’ll end up doing too much with single-color string. There’s plenty of it out there.

1 Like

Get some pics in here! I am about to transition to white-only, but want to make sure the white pops in UV. I don’t think it’s a problem for poly, but some Nylon does not give that glow.

Here are the first three colors I worked on:

• White/Black - Monobath ω
  • Green/Black - Neurotoxin
  • Amethyst/Black - Gentian Violet

These are my 6 cP Potion Strings, and I’ve got a Black/White string called Monobath β that’s not pictured.

3 Likes

They look great! I’ll definitely grab a sampler if/when you make them available.

1 Like

Big thanks to @rkalajian for the free strings! I’ve received them in the mail and, though I haven’t yet had an opportunity to try them out yet, I’m psyched for when I do! Thanks again!

2 Likes

So thanks to feedback from @TryCatchThrow I have come up with softer strings in my upcoming Potion line. These will now be split into:

• Unfiltered Potions - Course, tight, whippy
  • Filtered Potions - Smooth, looser, less whippy

I was also in the lab this morning brewing more defined color separation in strings, tweaking my equipment to let me replicate my success easily.

Soon I’ll be testing Inks (Rayon/Poly mix), which will be a bit slippery and have even more vibrant colors.

2 Likes

I’d love to give these a try and give some feedback! Personally I’m a fan whippy strings and I really like bright neon colors (especially yellow) so it stands out against my carpet.

2 Likes

I’ll keep you in mind for the next batch!

1 Like

I’ve got some Filtered Potion “Seconds” available to the first person who says they want them.

Taken?

Nope! DM me your address!