Throw-Yo SOLUTIONS Strings - Rope Commissions Open. ALL Strings Made-to-Order!

Throw-Yo SOLUTIONS are handmade with an eye on playability, durability, and creativity.

SOLUTIONS strings are hand made a single string at a time , and are available for righties or lefties.

The icon on your QR code denotes which SOLUTIONS you received. Viscosity of your SOLUTIONS (μ) denotes how thick the string is. Standard μ are 6 cP (normal), 8 cP (fat), and 10 cP (XXL).

Current Offerings:

Inks

Rayon/Trilobal Poly Blend
μ: 6cP, 8cP, 10cP

Soft and slippy. Killer whips and slacks. Insane life span. Perfect for squids and kids.

Current Inks:
Cal-E
Mar-E
PRL
Mar13-N/A
Shiv-R
FRI

Elixirs

Trilobal Poly

A fantastic string for whips and slacks. Long life and comfortable on the finger.

Current Elixirs:
Monobath
Rapid

Ethers

Trilobal/Spun Poly

Softer, and less expensive, than Elixirs, yet still whippy with a long life. Wound super tight.

Current Elixirs:
Neurotoxin
Striga Sanguine
Gentian Violet
Orange Flower

Solvents

Spun Poly
μ: 6cP, 8cP

Wound super tight, and a step above bulk poly strings. Standard life span, and not for sale. These will be included in Pay it Forward boxes and random orders.

Rope

100% Poly
μ: 14cP

Monster responsive. No throw mods are needed. Made to order.

About the String Types

What exactly are all these different types of strings? How are they different? How are they the same?

Here’s a breakdown:

Premium Strings

Inks are a mix of trilobal poly and rayon, and are the best strings Throw-Yo has to offer! They come standard at μ: 8cP, but μ: 6cP and μ: 10cP are available on a commission basis. These strings offer an insane lifespan, killer whips and slacks, and a unique feel compared to many other strings on the market.

Elixirs are 100% trilobal poly. They come standard at μ: 8cP, but μ: 6cP and μ: 10cP are available on a commission basis. They’re comfortable, have a long lifespan, and kick booty when it comes to whips and slacks.

Standard Strings

Ethers are a blend of spun poly and trilobal poly, and are super tightly wound. They come standard at μ: 8cP, but μ: 6cP and μ: 10cP are available on a commission basis. They have a much longer life than bulk poly strings and are a bit softer than Elixirs. They are a solid string for those who don’t want to pay for a premium string.

Solvents a pure spun poly, but are a definite step above bulk poly strings. They’re super tightly wound, making them much better for whips and slacks, though their lifespan is similar to that of bulk poly strings. These strings aren’t for sale, but are often tossed in Pay it Forward boxes and random orders.

Rope is a MONSTER thick string (μ: 14cP) that’s meant for responsive play. It’s specifically made for those who are afraid to modify their yo-yos to get a thinner gap. Toss a Throw-Yo Rope on that sucker, and you won’t need to modify your throw!

Rope Commissions (Open)

Rope is out of The Lab and available to custom order for $1 each. They’re 100% spun poly (Filtered), and can be made in many different color combinations. If you are interested, shoot me a message to get a custom order started!

Throw-Yo Facebook
Throw-Yo Instagram
Throw-Yo LinkedIn
https://throw-yo-tees.square.site/solutions

9 Likes

Keep us posted on your progress.

1 Like

Will do! I’ve got a bit to go before I’m ready to ramp up production, and a few different formulas I want to try for other blends, but I’m hoping by mid-year I’ll have something solid to offer.

3 Likes

OK! The free strings are spoken for, but I’ll have other opportunities here soon.

Question for everyone. What are your favorite colors for strings? Do you prefer solid strings, 2-color strings, or multi-color strings?

2 Likes

Generally I choose solid string. I try to go for blue, neon orange, or white.

If there are multiple color strings I like to have the strings go neon or have vibrant colors… Be kind of cool to have a string color that matches the color style of the video game Splatoon. If you can mix the colors of the the neon purple and green, (or any other color set of that style) that would be super cool.

2 Likes

I was literally just trying that, but the colors I had were too light to make much of a difference :smiley:

I doubt I’ll end up doing too much with single-color string. There’s plenty of it out there.

1 Like

Get some pics in here! I am about to transition to white-only, but want to make sure the white pops in UV. I don’t think it’s a problem for poly, but some Nylon does not give that glow.

Here are the first three colors I worked on:

• White/Black - Monobath ω
  • Green/Black - Neurotoxin
  • Amethyst/Black - Gentian Violet

These are my 6 cP Potion Strings, and I’ve got a Black/White string called Monobath β that’s not pictured.

5 Likes

They look great! I’ll definitely grab a sampler if/when you make them available.

1 Like

Big thanks to @rkalajian for the free strings! I’ve received them in the mail and, though I haven’t yet had an opportunity to try them out yet, I’m psyched for when I do! Thanks again!

2 Likes

So thanks to feedback from @TryCatchThrow I have come up with softer strings in my upcoming Potion line. These will now be split into:

• Unfiltered Potions - Course, tight, whippy
  • Filtered Potions - Smooth, looser, less whippy

I was also in the lab this morning brewing more defined color separation in strings, tweaking my equipment to let me replicate my success easily.

Soon I’ll be testing Inks (Rayon/Poly mix), which will be a bit slippery and have even more vibrant colors.

3 Likes

I’d love to give these a try and give some feedback! Personally I’m a fan whippy strings and I really like bright neon colors (especially yellow) so it stands out against my carpet.

3 Likes

I’ll keep you in mind for the next batch!

2 Likes

I’ve got some Filtered Potion “Seconds” available to the first person who says they want them.

1 Like

Taken?

Nope! DM me your address!

The first final strings are packaged up an available in the BST forums!

Once these go I’m going to get started on Inks, and I’ve got some great color combinations for those!

5 Likes

I’ve encountered several white poly strings that aren’t UV reactive. I think OT white was one. I also wouldn’t have thought that was posssible.

1 Like

Monobath B and Monobath W both have a nice glow. Neurotoxin and Gentian Violet didn’t react much.

5 Likes

I’ve currently got a One Drop Fat Tire from one of the Pay it Forward threads and the clear yoyo looks fantastic with a Neurotoxin string!

7 Likes