Thoughts on UNPRLD Cognizance

So far I have only tried the Seiji by UNPRLD and want to get another UNPRLD yoyo for competition. My two main candidates are either Cognizance or possibly Aftermath, would love to hear your thoughts on these

Cognizance in my opinion is really pleasant but feels like its lacking in power and weight on the string. Thats just my preference. But other than that its a really good throw and i recommend getting the one with delrin instead of pc. But its down to preference on what you may like. Definitely really comfy in the hand for being so wide too

1 Like

I might be in the minority, but I prefer recognition redux over the cognizance. At least the pc one, I haven’t tried the pom.

Either way, the redux for $50 is objectively a much better value compared to $120 cognizance. Such a steal for the quality.

Yes if i get it i will get pom

1 Like

I second this. It has a really great shape and feel. The performance is a bit lacking when compared to similar high-end throws like the YYR Liminal Autoscopy. That said, I have my cognizance.itting on my desk; right next to my Savage and Autoscopy right now. I play it all the time. Mine is PC not POM,

2 Likes

How does PC and POM differ in play?

The pc may feel a little lighter and the weight pushed more towards where the stainless is. Im not too sure since ive only thrown the pc one a couple times at nationals

1 Like

I might prefer POM then since I like heavier throws

If you like heavier throws the aftermath may be better. Since that throw feels a bit heavier on string compared to the cognizance

1 Like

Which is more stable though? That is more important to me than weight I would say

I would say both are really stable

2 Likes

Hello, does it mean you feel the POM cognizance also lack power by your standards?

By my standards a little. But in general the yoyo is very good and does spin a long time. It just feels on the lighter side for me

1 Like

Which yoyos do you usually play with?

I just got mine on yesterday. I do like it a lot.

3 Likes

I would like to make it clear that the Cognizance is not ‘underpowered’. My comments only compared it to the very best YYR has to offer. The cognizance has plenty of power for my limited skills Its hand-friendly shape and stability are outstanding. I would recommend it to anyone.

3 Likes

Ive mainly been playing with a turning point Alnilam lately.

1 Like

for me not only does look like a blended design of the starlight and the super Sintilator. it is almost the same size and feel in the hand as the starlight, but I think it plays like the sintilator . Just my thoughts

1 Like