The YoYoFactory Bi-Metal Shutter has arrived! 11/14 Midnight Release!

I’ve adopted the attitude that for yoyos like that, I’ll just wait for them to show up on a BST and get them at a discount.

There are actually benefits to this. For one thing, it is harder to succumb to an impulse buy if I can’t actually buy a new yoyo when it drops. Waiting for it to show up on a BST helps to insure that such acquisitions only happen if I really want it. This probably saves me quite a bit of money, actually. And, of course, the other benefit is the cost savings; sometimes very small, but sometimes substantial.

6 Likes

Makes perfect sense. Yes, I’d like to buy a yoyo based on the merits of its good qualities, and not based on a framework where I am not given enough time to think before making a purchase since it is about to run out. I understand, and it’s a different matter, if there really is just not enough stock. However if I see new (and again, limited) supply show up within a week or two, I start to wonder why a vendor would need to resort to this tactic - is the yoyo not really that good enough?

But anyway, I’m as much excited about the bi-metal shutter coming up as everybody else. I would make this a great early Thanksgiving gift to myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s more on YYF than YYE here, YYE is definitely the best retailer though. YYF actually makes enough yo-yos to go around, so does Duncan. Some companies just can’t do this, other companies that sell out right away and still make limited quantities to build hype annoy me. Especially ones that are large enough to make a plastic yo-yo but still don’t make large enough runs of their metals.

2 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

Yes, but the real question is will YYF make enough (and will YYE have enough) to remain in stock until the end of the month (when Black Friday discounts kick in)? Waiting to purchase should never feel like a FOMO gamble…

4 Likes

Good point. Maybe I’ll hold off until the stock forces me to purchase and see if I can get some deals.

3 Likes

Yeah I have 3 DS platinum bearings in my basket ready to go, and keeping an eye on the stock level. Also since I’m based in UK I didn’t want to just order bearings as one order so going to be adding bits and pieces (like a yoyo for my little girl) and pull the trigger on Black Friday assuming stock remains on those bearings

1 Like

I could easily fill my cart with about $665 worth of yoyos right now (one of them is a titanium), but I’d prefer to wait for Black Friday. The thing is, with the existing stock being so low on some of them, there’s a decent chance I’d lose out on them.

But I’m sorta determined to wait because there have been too many instances where I placed an order the day before a discount became available. And a Black Friday discount on $665 is too big a number to ignore.

4 Likes

Do you know what kind of discount normally happens on Black Friday?

2 Likes

Here’s the thread from 2017. Couldn’t find one from 2018 but I imagine there was one. Was 10/15/20% off.

3 Likes

Yeah, and 20% on $665 is like getting the Bi-metal Shutter for free…

3 Likes

Oooooooh!

Thank you @MarkD. Better get a basket of $187.50 ready then!!

4 Likes

That’s right. Last year I remember you can get 20% off for orders $150 or more.

$150 is easy to fill especially if you buy the shutter bi-metal, a couple of YYSL tubes, a wangle, etc.

I also plan to hold off (inventory permitting) till the black friday.

Hopefully the new Edolass colorways also finally arrive in YYE in time before the sale.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m holding out for Black Friday to snag the Bi-Shutter as well. Was gonna do it in December but $18 off is worth it.

2 Likes

Keeping my eyes on the stock of everything I want. I’ll buy it before then if I have to. I might get impatient anyway.

Edit: I lied, Aqua Butter incoming. Waiting til Black Friday for the rest. All praise due to the Shutter God.

8 Likes

Hyped! just got one today. Aqua on its way

5 Likes

Rose Gold

3 Likes

:scream: there’s only two aquas left! Probably be gone today. I don’t really like the other colors… And I just can’t buy one in the next few hours. Hope they get more stock soon.

4 Likes

today i realized it was released so i looked at it and it said “only 7 in stock” why am i surprised by this? i should’ve just assumed it’d be sold out STUPID fast

Edit: there are now only 3 in stock at the moment Lmao

3 Likes

Silver bi-metal, still at 11 stock left. Rose gold holding steady at 33 stocks. Fingers crossed lol.

1 Like