The Xenyo proto Feedback thread!

3 Likes

Awesome yoyo, just a bit heavy. If you enjoy a powerful and slightly reluctant yoyo you’ll love this yoyo.

1 Like

Sometime Last year I ventured out to create my own prototype after really delving into the hobby…!
Anywho big thanks to @chaosgow for helping me with the CAD!

I’ve decided to start posting all the feedback from all the people who have had time with it to have an easy place to collect thoughts and to see if theres any intrest to do a second run eventually!

1 Like

Man… beating me on my own post

Well you took 12 minutes to gather your words after already making the post

Would be interested to know the prototype specs.

Sorry made the post late lastnight, was gonna get everything in afterwork

1 Like

I tried it. It’s wide so I miss the string less. Not so wide that it felt chunky and claustrophobic in mounts. Spun good. it was a good Yoyo

@JeiCheetah

∆ight! Thoughts on the ×enyØ!

I spent quite a bit of time throwing it for both 5∆ and 1a and thus I will give my thoughts on both.

I’ll start with 5a as that’s the direction you had stated you were going with the yoyo.
I found the X to have a LØT of power behind it which translates well into longer 5a combos. The gap and the catch zœne seemed to work very well for bigger elements and moves like bigger recatches, G† slack whip type moves, and beesting combo/aerial recatch moves. It’s wide shape and size makes those sort of moves very effortless. Personally for myself, my 5∆ library tends to stay more dense and closed in, so there were a few points where I felt the yoyo was almost too wide for some of my tricks as times I would have to land on certain strings would instead bunch a grouping of strings together. I think the modern 5a direction is favoring bigger tricks and as such I feel I’m an outlier in that opinion, but it’s something I felt I should still mention. :slightly_smiling_face:
I noticed this yoyo KILL§ it in horizontal 5a tricks. It locks into plane and seems to want to stay perfectly on that plane even as it slows to a lower RPM. I was very impressed with this. I think with modern 5a going bigger with risky horizontal recaptures and whatnot, this is perfect. Random side thing: the caps and material of this yoyo make counterweight “hits” not very loud and this is actually very nice to me as I live with people who cannot stand the ding sound of a counterweight haha.

1A wise, I found the throw to really be a powerhouse. For 1a I love bigger yoyos that have a more dense and powerful feel to them so this was perfect to me. One of my favorite yoyos is the HopKing2 which I soon found to share very similar specs to yours so that made me super happy.
As mentioned before, horizontal tricks are done with ease and I love how well the yoyo stays on plane.
I will say I notice that the yo¥o doesn’t like to be regenerated much and I think that’s due to it’s width and weight being largely in the outside.

I alsø noticed a unique phenomenon where the yoyo would seem to slow down, and then stay spinning in a low rpm for a long time without slowing. I had talked to Edition about that and it ultimately is something that is common in high rim weight ti rim designs. It’s not really a flaw, just something that is noticed. Once it’s in that lower RPM it really does just stay going and going haha.
I feel for myself after trying the yoyo for bœth styles that I actually prefer it a lot more for 1a than 5a just because of my preferences for 5a which is smaller slightly undersized yoyos that don’t feel as heavy. The Xenyo fits well into my 1a style preferences and really feels more 1a to me for my style. That said, I can see it being lent well into modern 5a trends of yoyo design.

In terms of any changes I would make, id say literally the only thing is M∆YB€ I would make it just a tiny bit less in width, but not too much as I feel the wide feel of the yoyo is something to keep, just maybe a millimeter off would do a lot for me.

Otherwise, I think this yoyø slays, It feels so premium and very much a high performance throw. The ¶eeps I showed at yoyo club also felt the same that it was a yoyo they would totally throw regvlarly :slightly_smiling_face:

×̷͕̩̣̫͓̐̈́̿̅́€̷̛̛̣̱̫͚ͅN̸̗̞͈̮͊͒̀̃͊̊¥̸̛͖̞͗̏͊Ø̵̯̝͓͐̃ ̵̻̉í̶͚̍̒̊̋s̷̢̱̦̪̗͊̏̌͘ ̷̯͔̹̘̈̐̓̔̊͘L̸̳̈́̐|̸̘̩̄̓†̸̨̘̠̼̱̎͊̕͘

2 Likes

For the record
55mm diameter
54mm width
69g
7068 alu cap and body
Grade 2 ti rims

1 Like

@hsb

1 Like

Thanks! Good context to have for the reviews.

Here are some nice photographs taken by the lovely @Kaylinity for better reference of how it looks

1 Like