The Shawn Exploder Photo Contest!

The Shawn Exploder is a new signature yo-yo for Shawn Garcia (aka @yotoyimages) and is released by Doctor Popular Toys & Games. The yo-yo was designed to look great in photos, so we decided to do a photo contest!

What we are looking for:
Our judges, Jordan Riley and Nate Martsolf, will help us pick a winner. Show off your photography skills by taking a great photo of your Shawn Exploder. Whether it’s a high speed action shoot or a well lit studio shoot, we can’t wait to see what you share.

Submit Your Photo:
Once your photo is taken there are two ways to share it:
On Instagram with #ShawnExploder tagged in the description (if it’s not tagged we can’t find it!)
On the YoYoExpert Forums right here in this thread!

The Rules & How to Win:
There must be a Shawn Exploder yo-yo in the photo.
You must share before the deadline (August 31st, 2021).
Limit 3 entries per person.
After the deadline on August 31st our judges will select the winner.

The Grand Prize:
The winner of the Shawn Exploder Photo Contest will win a special edition Shawn Exploder in a dark green color. This is a one of a kind SE colorway.

But Wait There’s More
Along with the photo contest, one lucky winner will randomly be selected to win a $50 Gift Certificate at YoYoExpert.com

17 Likes

If you picked up a Shawn Exploder, this is just a friendly reminder to share your best photo of it with the #ShawnExploder tag on IG. I know this can sound intimidating, but we actually don’t have a lot of entries, so your odds aren’t too bad at the moment. Plus we’ll be giving away a $50 YYE gift certificate to one random photographer.

5 Likes

I just ordered a red fade. Let’s hope I get lucky with the international shipping so I can enter the contest.

4 Likes

My 1st entry with my Blackout Shawn Exploder, B&W “The Dust is Real”

18 Likes

5 Likes

:crossed_fingers: :grin:

7 Likes

These are wonderful photos! Can you also post a copy on Instagram too with the #shawnexploder tag? That’s were we’ll be looking for all the entries.

3 Likes

Here are my 3 entries :slight_smile: Ill be posting them on insta shortly and tagging you both

13 Likes

Thanks for all the entries. I’m proud to announce the winners of the Shawn Exploder photography contest. …
But first I wanted to say thanks to our two judge; Nate Martsolf (@g2nate84) and Jordan Riley (@kendamagotchi).

The winner of best photo goes to @Aces_Throwsayoyo:

And the winner of the random giveaway is @EF.n.YOYO

Aces wins a one-of-a-kind forrest green Shawn Exploder and EF.n wins a $50 gift certificate at YoYoExpert.

8 Likes

Hey congrats @Aces_Throwsayoyo, awesome shot. Love your photos brotha. Right on to @DocPop, Nate@g2nate84, Jordan@kendamagotchi, and @YoYoExpert for doing this. I had hella fun with this shot. Really enjoyed seeing all the entries.

3 Likes

Congrats to you both. I’m glad you were picked randomly, because your two photos were tied in my opinion. The Darth Vader choke hold is too good!!

2 Likes

Thanks brotha.:pray: