New release from DocPop and Shawn Garcia - The Shawn Exploder!

From @DocPop: Ladies and gentlemen, I’m pleased to announce The Shawn Exploder, a new yo-yo coming on August 2nd!

The Shawn Exploder is Shawn Garcia‘s first signature yo-yo. Shawn is a yo-yoer and photographer known for taking beautiful photos of yo-yos floating in air. This “exploded” photography is what first drew me to Shawn and was the inspiration for the name. The Shawn Exploder is a wedge shaped competitive yo-yo that was designed to look great in photos. I’ll say that again…

When I asked Shawn to design “a yo-yo that photographers would love” he sent me a sketch of a wide v-shape design with stepped edges. These hard contours created distinct areas of light and dark on the yo-yo. In stark contrast, and because I’m a huge fan of organic throws, I added a smooth contoured bowl to the outer walls of the yo-yo. These work great for fingerspins and claw grinds, but also distribute weight in an interesting way. I think the end result is a competition style yo-yo that feels fun and floaty.

The Shawn Exploder is featured in blue or yellow with a small batch of red fades exclusive to us here at YoYoExpert!. Each Shawn Exploder comes with a silkscreened micro fibber cloth (for wiping your camera lenses) and an acrylic yo-yo stand featuring art by Rob Armin and Doc Pop.

I’m excited about this yo-yo because it represents many firsts. It’s the first signature yo-yo I’ve released for another player. The first wedge shape design I’ve released. The first yo-yo released with “yotography” in mind.The first 7075 aluminum yo-yo I’ve released. And it’s the first time I’ve released a designer yo-yo stand.

Releasing Monday 8/2 @ 8PM EDT.

22 Likes

I’m so excited about this yo-yo and I think y’all will love it too. I’m such a fan of @YotoyImages (as a photographer and a human being), so I’m thrilled to get a chance to work with them on this project.

I also have to show you this yo-yo stand:

It’s awesome, right? Kudos to @Rob_Armin for that.

24 Likes

Yeah sorry, not the best photo, but here’s the accessories:

Comes with a very cool stand, microfiber cloth, custom bag, and docpop string.

14 Likes

Happy launch day! Shawn Exploders are now available and we’ve posted the rules for the Shawn Exploder Photography Contest.

7 Likes

damn i just buyed something now i dont have anove money

Just ordered up the red one. Super pumped to finally try a Doc Pop yoyo! Seems like it will be really fun, while still performing very well. Can’t wait to try it! Really cool to specs on this one.

2 Likes

I really dig that red-to-red fade on this. Really subtle and cool. I hope you like it.

1 Like

For sure! Thanks so much for making this one! Haven’t been this excited about a yoyo for a while.

2 Likes