The Lynbrook Yo-Yo Club- Long Island/Nassau N.Y 4/16/2024 @ 430pm

Lynbrook Yo-Yo Family Fun Club. Juggling and all other skill toys welcome.

Long Island NY - Nassau - Lynbrook
I’ve wanted to start a club for a while and the library is generous enough to host a space so I would like to introduce our first meeting dates of the LYNBROOK Yo-Yo Family Fun Club (LYYFFC​:upside_down_face::yo-yo:).
Lynbrook Public Library, - Eldert Street, Lynbrook, NY.

I will bring plenty of beginners yoyos for everyone to try and learn on. If you have some skills i will also have advanced Yo-Yos for you to try and learn tricks on.

If you are in the area or know anyone please let them know. This is a family friendly event so kids are welcome with thier parents (especially the younger kids)… Kids are welcome to bring thier parents as well (especially the older ones) :grinning::grinning:.

I will bring some yoyos in every style and material, so if any of you forum regulars show up I’ll make sure to have something you’ll enjoy to throw.

Tuesday April 16 @430
Tuesday May 21 @430
June/ July will probably be outside but working on details.
Lynbrook Public Library, Eldert Street, Lynbrook, NY

Thank you all for taking a moment to read this, and thank you for the last 4 years. Hope to see some of you there.

12 Likes

Great job taking the initiative! Hope you have fun. Even if numbers are low at the start stick with it. Our club started with several months of just 2-3 people but has grown exponentially over time. Hoping for great success!

5 Likes

This is awesome. Hope you have a great turnout. Is the library going to advertise? Usually they have flyers or at least a calendar with scheduled events happening at the library. If not you could ask. It’s a good way to reach more people.

2 Likes

Thank you!

@Slestak75 Yes the library is posting on thier end with thier usual activities. They schedule way in advance, so i could only get 2 days for now. I’m trying to get it into the yoyo community as well. Hoping some skilled players come to help demo to beginners actually. I know about a half dozen kids will be there already (friends of my daughters from school).

@bobafret thanks yes i plan to stick with this for the long run.

4 Likes

Just a reminder… all are welcome.

My coworker got this pic. Nice pic. Great video… but he stopped filming before the bind… amateur!

5 Likes

Next Tuesday if anyone is local/ available/ and interested.

3 Likes

I cant promise ill be there but ill try if im in the area im usually working at that time but we work in lynbrook sometimes

1 Like

Tomorrow first meeting. Hope to see you there!

3 Likes

Today was the first meeting of the Lynbrook Yo-Yo/Juggling club. It was a blast. I brought a bunch of items from my collecton for display, yoyos to throw and look at. About 11 kids showed up and 3 adults (not including my wife and 2 kids) . Big thank you to the Lynbrook Library for hosting and sponsoring the event! The Library bought Duncan Butterfly/ Imperials a set of Juggling balls and a set of Juggling scarfs for every PERSON that came! Totally didn’t expect that! We ended up hanging out for 2 hours.
One kid came with a MYY K1. Which was set up responsive. He asked it i could fix his broken yoyo, his dad pointed out that it doesn’t stay down anymore. I changed the string and they both thought i was the coolest dude on earth. A patient of mine, Chris, his son brought a SnapBack and a Freehand which i recommended to him in December.
I spent most my time showing kids how to throw but 3 actually got it by the end. Chris and his son learned a very basic FrontStyle combo. And every kid wants to come back next month. Maybe in a few months I’ll have a junuor team!
Towards the end my daughter and some kids that know me asked me to show them “real tricks” so i threw a few combos and they where all blown away. Throwing infront of a dozen people watching is nerve wrecking even if they are under the age of 10!

9 Likes

Man!! That is so awesome. Stories like this are great to hear. Those kids that were there may convince even more to come. And that wouldn’t happen without someone stepping in and making it happen. So heck yeah!! Thanks for your efforts and for sharing the results. I’m certain that even more stories are on the way.

Awesome I love when club turns into teaching kids to yoyo. Fantastic work.

1 Like

LYNBROOK YO-YO Family Fun Club
Tuesday Feb. 6 @ 430
First-timers get a free duncan yoyo!

Beginners - Intermediate - Experts! Let’s throw!
FIXED or Unresponsive! I will have a nice selection to throw if any of you Forum regulars show :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Hoping this had a nice turnout. :grin:

I live in Wantagh! Gotta check this out

1 Like

If you watch this thread, they have been making announcements

1 Like

Second meeting of the Lynbrook Yo-Yo club went great! I need to start a sign in sheet! But we had 7 families there (5 parents) and about a dozen kids. Over 20 people if you count my wife and kids! 1 of the parents came for the second time, she had a good gravity throw and was able to help change/ adjust string (she was promoted to VP instantly! ) there was one dad there that grabbed 2 ProYos at the same time and started throwing 2A forward passes simultaneously! YES i gifted him those proyos and a Duncan XT, PLUS my WIFE for the first time ever actually picked up a yoyo and got the hang of the gravity throw. It was awesome!
But hands down the best part of the day was the kids! So amazing to see 6 kids that came for the 2nd time able to throw and starting to work on picture tricks! Helping kids set up yoyos was funny because these kids (and parents) looked at me like I’m thier hero just for changing the string. The best (happened last week as well! ) was when a kid came in with his bag of yoyos and asked if i could fix them, i changed the string on his favorite yoyo, and gave him an upgrade (Duncan XT).
There where mostly 3rd grades there from one school and it was great to see these kids from diffrent classes and diffrent social circles bonding over throwing yoyos. I’m so happy i did this, for myself, for my kids and for the yoyo community as whole.
I asked a friend of mine to swing by with his juggling clubs and give us a little lesson/ demo. It was genuinely an amazing time and we probably got to hang out for almost 2 hours!

I encourage any parent out there to go to thier library and start a club (yoyo or any skill you have i am sure the library will be happy to host you).

2 Likes

Just got a confirmation for the next 3 dates.

LYNBROOK YO-YO Family Fun Club

Tuesday March 19 @ 430
Tuesday April 16 @430
Tuesday May 21 @430
June/ July will probably be outside but working on details.

Feel free to DM me Qs or post any Qs and comments here.

4 Likes

great job @AKYOYOMIKE !!! you are an inspiration for so many people and throwers alike. proud of you bro!

2 Likes

This was just so awesome. These types of accounts are very inspirational to hear about. You have got quite the setup there with so much variety for everyone to enjoy. Such generosity. Nothing beats having the girl you love join you and enjoy something that you love together with you. Those new kids that came this time will hopefully bring even more with them next time. And the parents who enjoyed it are probably telling their friends about it and soon you’ll have new adults joining in. Super exciting. Thank you for sharing.

Wish i saw this earlier. Will try and make this Mar meet if not ill definitely bring the family to the Apr meet.

2 Likes