The Lynbrook Yo-Yo Club- Long Island/Nassau N.Y 5/21/2024 @ 430pm

Awesome! I look forward to seeing you there. :smiley:

LYNBROOK YO-YO Family Fun Club
Tuesday March 19 @ 430
Lynbrook Public Library, Eldert Street, Lynbrook, NY

Not sure what to bring tomorrow… shameless bump/ reminder :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

You bring all of that fire and you make me want to drive to New York to try them. :rofl:

1 Like

That’s the idea! Hope to see you there!

Lynbrook Yo-Yo Club third session was asmaller group then last month … but it was absolutely spectacular… too much?.. well i had a freaking blast!
Let’s get the kids out of the way, 4 3rd grades (my daughter among them) all throwing gravity throw and starred throwing forward passes…i tried teaching around the world but that was a mistake! The younger kids are starting to get the hang of it as well. One new kid showed up and i taught his mom how to adjust string etc. 3rd meeting in there where also other kids and parents that where able to help with strings etc … this tells me they are paying attention and they are likely throwing yoyos at home! Even my wife was throwing again… everyone loves to throw a yoyo, some people just forget that they do!
Finally my goals started to come to fruition after 3 meets! There was a kid that came with a Duncan Echo. He thought he knew some basics… i am so greatfull that @blacklabel9567 came out with his family as well. He brought his case, and we where able to throw a bit, but he was so kind and helpful that this kid with the echo learned a few things he was doing wrong. And a couple of new elements to work on He’s deff coming back and apparently his older brother has throwing skills as well.
@blacklabel9567 showed me some elements from Mario & Luigi that will be my project for the next few days. Thank you for coming out and making this club that much cooler.
Here are some pics from today…

8 Likes

Tuesday April 16 @430
Tuesday May 21 @430
June/ July will probably be outside but working on details.

Just a reminder and a thank you to @blacklabel9567 for showing up and inspiring me to check out Mario & Luigi. I have had the pleasure of meeting throwers in person in my life and is always inspirational and educational.

4 Likes

Tuesday April 16 @430
Tuesday May 21 @430
June/ July will probably be outside but working on details.
Lynbrook Public Library

2 Likes

We’ll see you Tuesday!

1 Like

4th meet and we are rocking! Kids are coming along, honestly not much improvement from last month, but we got a nice core group.
Great to see @blacklabel9567 again, once again he showed me a diffrent way of throwing that i thought i understood…
And 2 new Kids showed up… this time a12 year old with some legit 1A skills, he brought a case of yoyo factory which was cool to see.
At the end of the club i asked everyone if they wanted to watch us throw some cool tricks… no pressure…i started and it off and got stuck in a trap brother trap combo trap that I’m not impressed with, …Jahn followed up with an awesome wrist mount into a mover knot… neither of us impressed any of the kids… but this 12 year old grqbbed my PV44 and began to shed an awesome combo followed up with a sweet DNA fingerspin bind! Very impressed!
My wife was in charge of video today, so i have exactly 2 seconds of me throwing a front style bind…
YoYo Club is fantastic!
Here are a few pics of everyone’s case.

And my display

Next month Tuesday May 21 @ 430

4 Likes

Upcoming dates Tuesdays
May 21 @430pm
June 18 @430pm
July 16 @430pm
Aug 20 @430pm

They extended our time officially to 90 min which is very cool, but they have never kicked us out before everyone left so im glad they are giving us official time.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there next time.

2 Likes

I just read through this thread and what a cool and inspiring story. Im not aware of any local yoyo scene where I am but this inspires me to start something like a club. Way to go!

1 Like