The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

Beefhook is pretty hard. I landed it three times in a row once… and I’ve landed it a handful of times… in several hundred tries(at least, maybe several thousand) since then :face_with_raised_eyebrow: It’s making me :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Are you gonna come break it to him?

@adamantiumpops he just turned 5 :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sorcery. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Just did finger spin hops once. Big yo-yo energy
Then I hit titanium chopsticks. Sloppy but I did it. I still wanna get it smoothe though.

4 Likes

So I’ve been workin on this today. Just when I think “oh…I got this now, cool” I go on a run of just NOT getting it. Either I don’t get it to reject, or I land on the wrong string just going into a trapeze.
Edit: Been workin on it for about the last 2 hours throwing it into combos, got it pretty smoothed out now.

3 Likes

I finally can play Boing Boeing for 15 seconds+

Although still can not spell it right…

6 Likes

For some reason, I haven’t been able to figure out the simple whip method of getting into a kamikaze mount until yesterday, when it clicked. Really cool!

Also recently landed Flow Coaster, working on getting it smooth. Real nice trick @yomartyo!

6 Likes

Nice! His instant wrist mount just clicked for me the other day!

4 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with this for about a week. Instead of doing the classic reverse brent stole to normal ninja vanish I’ve been working on a normal GT(the one you dismount to the front) to a kind of inverse ninja vanish. I didn’t knew if this would work, but finally it did. I’ve never seen anyone doing this or tutorials

3 Likes

been able to land suicide GT’s SUPER satisfying

3 Likes

finally got a suicide GT!! you can barely see the string but that was the first attempt

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/f9Vsvjz8O-77X4l2W6wFpTHKy-Uugl1dYe45mV-giU1HqUjSYLg6khGU3xuKFcWevMlHPuRnjke-xA=m18

5 Likes

It’s fun watching you progress! Glad you’re sharing your vids with us!!

4 Likes

thanks Twitch!

2 Likes

Good week for tricks! I learned Brent Stole pretty quickly and finally completed Andrew Bergen’s Red Triangle trick. :blush:

6 Likes

Whip into Kamakazie baffled me for so long. Just this week I realized that I can whip into it while on trapeze and while hopping the yoyo from trapeze…

3 Likes

-2.5 hook!

3 Likes

I’ve also been messing around with slacks, hooks, and lacerations with a dead yoyo after @joshxz gave me the idea. My best tricks with the dead yoyo are probably the whip to kamikaze, 2.0 and 2.5 hooks, and the -2.0 hook

3 Likes

eli hops, took me a few days but i can get it semi consistently now

5 Likes

I’ve been messing around lately with spinning the yoyo the wrong way and then trying to land ninja Vanish, Brent stole, etc. It’s kinda fun and challenging in its own way lol

4 Likes

Brent Stole. I was showing my son the Ghost Bind, he commented that is is “just a sloppy missed Brent Stole”. I said that I don’t know how to do Brent Stole (and, I’ve been chasing it forever). He said show me. I did, he fell out laughing asking why I was pushing my non-throwhand forward. Imagine my surprise when I tried pushing the throwhand forward and all of a sudden landed it. Then landed it several more times. Now to get it consistent.

12 Likes