The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

Just get atleast some basics down with your left arm (unlike me who didnt master my frontstyleand focused on only binds and sidestyle so I still suck at 3a frontstyle after about 6-8 months on and off)

Also landed 4A horizontal front throw (one handed) to Ballin bind

Yea I can do Velvet Rolls, Blue Line Rolls, FLourish and all that good stuff, it just feels awkward with my left hand, but I dont have trouble doing them or anything. But for some reason I cant get assisted front mount for the life of me though xD

I’ve got too much time the next few weeks. Someone give me a nice long complicated tech trick to learn? With a really good tutorial?

Try my chopsticks trick again haha

The ugliest looking behind the back combo in existence

Why? Is the other yoyo doing a gyro flop or something getting into the brain twister, unless you’re doing it into a front style bind which is wrong

Learn anything from Rethinkyoyo.com, pretty complex( not too hard) and sometimes long combos.
Also look up Wilson’s trick called Electric Balogna, it’s LONG.

I either miss or if I do land it the yoyos always crash together, my hand placement is probably wrong or something.

The mounts not that interesting to me anyways so I’m not too worried about learning it ATM

Good thing it behind your back :slight_smile:

About 4 weeks into throwing and I just land wormhole, trapeze and his brother. Right now I’m working on the zipper and the wrist mount.

Noice!

Having issues with my jade and iron whips. Always had issues with iron whips, but once I got jades down I thought I was fine. For some reason I end in a reverse trapeze nearly every time. Pretty sure it wouldn’t be tension. I’ve been at 100% neutral, a little over and a little under and I still end the same way. Also just having typical issues with landing iron whip, correctly or not, but that’s nothing new for me, but if anyone has any tips I’d appreciate it!

Only been at this a couple weeks but so far I can do all the basics:
Trapeze
Man and his brother on the trapeze
Brain scrambler
UFO/sleeping beauty
Rev flip front mount
Split bottom mount
Houdini mount
Plastic whip
Boingy boing
Binds
One handed binds

Next up I want to learn grinds

I just learned and can land Ann Connolly’s “magic trick”

Ann Connolly - Magic Trick - SLUSNY Yoyo Tutorials: http://youtu.be/CgSTenXngdI

Horizontal fingerspin bind(The whippy one)
So proud of myself right now.

Just mastered almost all of my original trick that took me a while to make, I’m still working on one

PLASTING FUDGIN’ WHIP!!!
and
WRIST WHIP

Took me a week to get it right. I’m almost as consistent with it now as I am with my regular suicide. 50% hit, 50% miss.

I have been working on Plastic Whip for months. Finally landed it about three weeks ago but could only land it about once in 100 tries. When I received my Cypher I tried it right away and I started to landing it about half of the tries.

What does RIB stand for?

I just learned this trick the other day. I can land it 99% of the time. I figured out a couple things that help. 1) 100% polyester string whips way faster than cotton. 2) bring your hand down below the yoyo as it pops up. Do it super fast and it works almost every time. Then go right into an one handed bind.

Good luck

1 Like

I already am using polyester but I will work on the rest of your suggestions.
Thanks!