The first release from Reykjavik Return Tops - The Ragnarok!

From the Manufacturer: Reykjavik Return Tops is a new yo-yo company based in Reykjavik, Iceland and is a solo project by Páll Valdimar(Palli). Palli is no stranger to the yo-yo scene, being a part of the community since 2005 and a head organizer of the 2017 World Yo-Yo Contest.

Reykjavik Return Tops is a high end company focusing on modern yo-yo design with a Nordic/Icelandic theme to it, Iceland as a population is the closest you can get to the old Norse vikings and our runic font logo pays homage to that.

Our first release is a 7075 monometal named Ragnarok after the biggest battle the Norse gods fought which concluded in the end of the world. The yo-yo is heavily competition focused following recent trend of wider shapes making it easy to catch on the string, while being fast and maneuverable with a good amount of rim weight. This yo-yo will make you ready for a big battle. First run is limited to 99 pieces with 33 of each color Blood Red, Sky Blue and Sand.

Releasing Saturday 10/26 @ 8PM EDT.

6 Likes

this throw looks awesome

2 Likes

I agree

1 Like

Another yo-yo company :confused:

5 Likes

I’m still picking my jaw off the floor from the price…in a good way. $68 for 7075 seems like a legit good price (I remember when 7075 had a premium price tag). I’ve not met Palli, but, he seems a good guy, I wish his company the very best.

1 Like

Wind runner, Cadence, Blade, Magpie all 7068 and cheaper. Also Recog is 7075 and 45$. And afaik 7068> 7075.

4 Likes

Looks like a Banshee and a 2Sick has a baby! I’ll bet it is a beast of a player!

1 Like

Anyone grab one of these? Despite my less than positive comments earlier in the thread I definitely like the specs and shape and it’d be cool for someone on here to give feedback when they get theirs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4IiW9xB6y0/

2 Likes

I’m tempted to snag one. I think I prefer 7075 to 7068, and the stats and shape are attractive. But I’ve also got my sights on the Meerkat, Diffraction, Ouroboros, and possibly the Dominator so idk when/if I’ll snag one.

2 Likes

Actually, for yoyos the current price of 7068 and 7075 are about the same. When I designed the Ragnarok I actually hadn’t been too impressed by the supposedly stronger 7068 with every single one of my 7068 throws having vibe after small hits/dings. This made me want to go with 7075 since to me it felt like a safer choice and it’s a bit easier to work with…

But after trying some prototyping with 7068 I think it’s a really good material and honestly think people are just making their 7068 yoyo walls 0.1-0.2mm too thin, it isn’t going to make a difference worth their yoyos being fragile. I might change the Ragnarok to a 7068 for later runs if demand is high enough.

About costs, I do have higher costs overall from being based in Iceland(shipping and higher import taxes) and as a tiny company can’t afford to produce as many yoyos at once as the bigger companies(the bigger run you make the cheaper it gets). I’m also using a slightly more expensive machine shop than some of the makers of the yoyo’s you mentioned.

$68 was literally the lowest I could go on those without losing money and I think it’s super reasonable for such a good high quality throw.

Hope that clears some things
-Palli

16 Likes

Great looking throw

1 Like

My response was just replying to someone who said they hadn’t seen any 70s of any kind at that price point. I’m definitely a Palli fan:

One of the few older yo-yos I’ve kept.

9 Likes

No problem! Just felt like I had to put some input about the prices.

That yoyo is a treasure! One of the most unique and rarest CLYW throws, I only have one now and it’s super beat from daily abuse! Also my first ever signature edition!

5 Likes

Well this certainly explains your avatar :wink:

1 Like

Well yeah, I did end up making 3 Puffin yoyos with Clyw plus that super limited puffin edition gnarwhal. It’s a part of my identity.

1 Like