The California State Yo-Yo Championships 2009

After two great years of co-organizing CA States with David Capurro, we are ready to pass on the torch. It is our honor to present to you the new official organizer of The California State Yo-Yo Championships… CHRIS “DR.YO-YO” ALLEN!!

Here is the plan:
The California State Yo-Yo Championships for the 2009 - 2010 yo-yo season will be held in Sacramento, California in March 2010.

Dr.Yo-Yo will be posting details soon.

Thank you all for your support over these last two years.

-Stu

Awesome! :slight_smile: :smiley:

More details to come in the future, but here is the plan.
March 6th - Verified
Old Sac - Verified
New judging system - Verified
Streamed online - Verified
Vendor Tables - To Be Determined
Corporate Sponsorship - Goal is a $1000 first place prize, still working on it.

When we get closer, I will make another post to put a team together. Thank you for all your support, and thank you Stu and Dave for handing me this opportunity.

What’s “Old Sac?”

I already knew that Doc’s gonna be the new organizer. Anyways, Congratulations, Doc. I hope it’ll be the best Cal State this year. :slight_smile:

YOYOEXPERT EDIT:
Edited improper comment. People that run yo-yo contests are volunteers and deserve your respect.

b [/b]How could they do this? What happened to San Fransisco? Im not going. I think the one in Sacramento should be separat, not Cal States. And is Stu even going to be the MC?

Well, it’s complicated. Stu went thru 3 locations that wanted ridiculous amounts of money to hold the contest. He also is running BAC, and was looking to pass off States. Also, there is already a contest in the Bay, so why not spread the love out a bit.
I have not asked Stu to MC, I am not at that stage yet, I am working on other details at the moment

Its sad it wont be at least in the bay area anymore.

I know that many of the San Jose and SF yoyoers might not be able to go.
(I know I probably can’t but I will try :slight_smile: )

But it will be good for the Sacramento and Chico crew.

Good luck Dryoyo with all the organization, I know it isn’t an easy job!

J.
:slight_smile:

old sac is old Sacramento I think
I went there once and everything was old school
I like the candy shop
I saw a jaw breaker that was the size of a basketball
wow
hopefully I will be there

1 Like

Yes, Old town Sacramento, in the Park near the water. We will be enjoying the Candy shop across the street and the yummy BBQ smells of Joe’s Crab Shack

I uses to live in sacramento for 1 year
so I hopefully be there
I will probably get some BBQ after the contest

Isn’t Sacramento like, the capital of California (correct if wrong). It seems pretty logic to hold states there. And it seems to me like the Bay Area already got several other competitions.

old sac is near a lake too
;D
or river…
whatever

Thanks dacklink!

it is either called old town Sacramento or old Sacramento
I forgot
I think it is called old town sacramento

I believe you are correct, I have been down there a lot in the past couple years and my dad tells me it is.

it is also near a railroad museum.
this contest is one that I will look forward too

The contest is going to be in the park area in front of Joe’s Crab Shack