The Ask G2 Jake Thread

[quote=“Noonar,post:320,topic:55638”]
Don’t listen to him, he just wants free yoyos.
[/quote

You’re telling me you don’t want a free yo-yo? ._.

Possibly the best idea for a single one of/one off colorway that would fit the quake the best?

i am sad to admit i dont know much about G-Squared as a company other then i know id like to own a few of your yoyos other then the quake and figured id like to know a little more about the company that has a huge potential to get my funds the in future.

so i guess thats it in a nutshell how did you get your start and what inspired you on your designs and colorways?

thanks for a little peak into your beginnings and what brought you to where you are today.

Let’s see, trying to make this as short as possible.

Found a partner (Brett - who is no longer with G2) that was enthusiastic about yoyos and took out my life savings :). We were able to get OD to do our machining and have found multiple ano shops.

When starting out the goal was just to be able to make yoyos that we wanted and hope that the community liked them as well. That’s has evolved into me wanting to design yoyos with the community’s voice bearing heard.

As far as creating colorways.
Everything is an inspiration. I get a lot of suggestions from friends and family. My wife, the other G for G Squared seems to have a good eye for colors. I also get a lot of my ideas from super hero movies :slight_smile:

Feel free to ask more specific questions.

1 Like

thats awesome, glad you have found a way to pursue your passion and have a great support team to make this journey with you.

What will my quake play like? Fast/flow, floaty/solid?

Will you ever make a fixed axle?

Very fast! On the floaty side of the spectrum.

Floaty and super fast

Will there be a second run? I mean come on there almost gone already.

Very doubtful

Will you continue to make Deep Woods edition Quakes?

I heard he is discontinuing that Colourway and instead, replacing it with the Shallow Woods edition Quakes…

There won’t be a full second run, just some small releases her an there.

Oooh, Shallow Woods sounds cool too

1 Like

Since I live fairly close
Do you know if anyone in the area who does good yoyo paint jobs?

I believe Jake Willis in Lorain might be able to paint something for you.

Jake, are you going to PA States?

Trying my best!

I should be there with Jesse, Nathan, and my wife.

Yeah, I was talking to Jesse about it