Tankette vs Parallel

I have one of these and a strong pull to get the other. I was wondering if anyone had both and maybe had some comparisons to share.

2 Likes

I’ve got both. I say get both they’re totally different. Parallel is a total beast at 52mm it’s a must have for undersized bi metal. I love using the tankette late at night at the end of a session for it’s quiet and lightweight. Also love practicing risky stuff with it since it doesn’t hurt. Both are mandatory for me

4 Likes

This sounds good to me. I know I’m going to end up with both anyways. Maybe I hoped someone would say something to make me think…maybe I don’t want that other one too…nope…you said the very thing that will land that second yo-yo at my house. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Glad I could be of service

1 Like

I’ve played tankette and own Parralel. I think the above remarks are spot on. I still secretly kind of want a Tankette.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. It is the Parallel that I own. It is indeed a powerful little beast. It has much more presence on the string than either its size or its weight would suggest. I can slow it down really well and speed it up (fast for me anyways) and it’s still easy to control. I was hoping the Tankette would feel lighter. That’s what I love about the Yoshicuda is how light it feels in play. Also I felt like the Tankette looked very much like a scaled down Yoshi. I know I’m getting one… it’s just waiting for the funds to recycle. :rofl: I’ve got to stagger those purchases you know.

1 Like

Appreciate the kind words everyone has for parallel, being C vs D bearing also makes a large difference in feel. We truly feel like parallel was a game changer for D bearing undersized - but we of course are bias

8 Likes

I got a Tankette over the weekend. It is very different from the Parallel. I feel like the Parallel feels far more substantial on the string. It honestly gives the feel of a full size yo-yo. The Tankette does not feel like a full size yo-yo. I don’t like to say that one is better at something than the other or anything like that because that’s very dependent on me…my style of play and my likes/dislikes. Another person’s opinion may differ. So I’ll do my best to describe the difference as I perceive them. Keep in mind again that I am not an advanced player. I strive to be graceful and precise with what I learn but my my learning curve is long and slow. So there are factors of play that I won’t consider, simply because I don’t know how. :sweat_smile:
So something that I liked about the Tankette is how similar in shape it is to the Yoshicuda. And in some respects it feels like a smaller version in the hand…but not precisely. The Yoshi is far more dense. The Tankette is very thin and dainty. It feels delicate but still solid and well made. Here are some comparison pics.

Beyond looks and feel the 2 feel quite different in play. The Tankette is way lighter and will move super fast with little effort.

With that said, to compare to the Parallel which also moves fast with little effort. The Tankette is way more nimble but also suffers a tad in stability by comparison. It is actually quite astonishing for the Tankette to be so light and still have the stability it does. It’s by no means a slouch, just saying that for me, the Parallel offers more stability. I love everything about the Tankette. And I love everything about the Parallel. They are both very different on many levels. But both are incredible Mid/undersized throws. The Parallel is incredible…period, regardless of size…I can say that as far as a tool for learning new tricks…the Parallel has beat out the Yoshi and Top Deck. I find it becoming my go-to tool for learning and enjoying tricks on…and the Tankette I still have some familiarization to go through but I can see it being super fun to really push your speed on. Either is a good choice, but be certain to note the differences if you are trying to decide on one or the other, they are quite different. I had to have both but they are higher priced throws, very worth the money both of them, but difficult to swing for some, myself included. I’m glad to have both and I can’t see myself getting rid of either. I’m glad I could answer my own question…:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thanks to all who’ve commented. I’m going to go rub some ointment on my sore twisted arm now. :grin::rofl:

3 Likes

Appreciate the comments about Parallel.

Parallel is a stand out in the undersized market in my opinion. A lot of good options out there but parallel just has its differences that make it a very unique experience.

1 Like

I just have to agree. Sometimes there is just a magical combination of variables and they were hit about as close to perfect on the Parallel as it gets. And I do think a large portion of that has to do with that D bearing too. It really makes it stand out. Thanks for all you do to provide such fine products to the community.

1 Like

Appreciate the kind words. We will keep cranking out Unique designs :slight_smile:

1 Like

This made me grab my parallel for the day.

4 Likes

I’ve only thrown the tankette but I will stand by it being an EXCELLENT yoyo. Very stable for its size and obviously it is fast due to its weight. Knowing Motion the Parallel is also good too, however.

2 Likes

If I can complicate matters, if you like the Parallel, you might also want to consider the DD Assassin. I just got mine and have the Parallel. It’s on par size-wise, but remarkably different, yet equally as good. I’ve looked at the Tankette before, and this thread has me looking at it again. Good to be spoiled for choice.

1 Like