Tampa, Florida Throwers

Hi all!

I’m new to the hobby, and trying to learn beginner tricks (both responsive and unresponsive).

I’d love to get some hands-on mentoring on improving, but unfortunately it looks like the only yo-yo club in or near Tampa, FL closed years ago.

I just wanted to see if anyone knew of any club meetups in the area, or else wanted to get together and practice throwing sometime.

Thanks for your time in reading this, as well as any help!

1 Like

Hello Britton, I’m a Floridian as well and there’s actually a yo-yo club here in central Florida !!! You’ll meet a ton of great throwers and have a great time !!!

Here’s the thread for more reference. Keep an eye on it for future yo-yo meetups :grin:

:palm_tree::crocodile: Central Florida Yoyo Club :yo-yo: - July 31st in Oviedo, FL!

3 Likes

Hi Gianni, thank you so much for the response and information!

I bookmarked the thread and will definitely try to meet up with the group in the future, but as Oviedo is about 2 1/2 hours from where I am, I was hoping to find a group (even a smaller one) closer to Tampa proper.

I think this is one of the curses of being in “central Florida.” We’re simultaneously in the same area, and nowhere near each other lol.

I will definitely read through the forum thread you sent me, and try to find a way to make a meeting ASAP! Thank you again so much for the help.

2 Likes

No problem I’m glad I can help :grin: I’m actually in the west palm beach area so unfortunately there’s a bit of a drive like you mentioned . but hopefully someday there will be a yo-yo meetup closer to our area !!! @Raindog3030 is usually organizing the club in different parts of Florida so maybe we’ll see one meetup closer down south. But it’s definitely worth it meeting new friends and throwers in the end :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for how friendly and informative you’re being! Everyone I’ve interacted with so far on the forums has been really welcoming and gracious, especially to someone new just figuring everything out.

I promise I’ll definitely make one of the big meet-ups in Oviedo! I’d love to meet others in the hobby. I especially want to see everyone’s various throws - they are functional works of art, and I just can’t get enough!

3 Likes

Great !!! Just so you know each meetup normally changes location so the last one (back in July) in Oviedo might not be there again in the upcoming meetup spot. For instance it could be in Orlando, Oviedo, Melbourne, etc. it can be confusing sometimes lol :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome, fellow Florida thrower :grinning:

I’m pretty local to you (30 minutes north of Clearwater).
Hit me up or join one of those central florida club meets sometime.

5 Likes

Howdy @100Love, there are many of us in the area around Tampa. I’m just east a bit in Plant City. We tend to move the meets around Central Florida and the next one will be in the bay area.

Myself, @Raindog3030 (Bruce) and David C. (Dont know his YYE handle) plan them. Follow that thread @Yoyogeek15 shared and I’ll do my best to keep you in the loop personally.

4 Likes

@Gooey thank you so much for the reply! I didn’t mean to take so long to see it - I laid down for a Friday nap after work that got out of control haha. I will send you a PM soon to see if we could set something up sometime! If not, I will make it out to one of the Central Florida meets with everyone else.

@Grunt Hello, and thank you as well for the reply! Plant City is definitely much closer and more familiar to me, so if you ever have any smaller get togethers out there, please let me know. Otherwise, I will follow the thread and wait for updates. Thanks again!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums! My wife and I run a yoyo company in South Florida. There is a meet-up/club in Central Florida. We will try to make it to one and hope to meet you and everyone else there!

4 Likes

@moefv Thank you for the warm welcome!

I just checked your website, and you and your wife make GORGEOUS throws. Please let me know when anything restocks so I can try to grab something!

It’s amazing how many small business owners there are in the hobby, especially just in Florida alone. It’s inspiring seeing everyone excel at following their dreams.

I hope to meet you both at one of the meet-ups! Thanks again for the message, and for everything you contribute to the community.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words! You’ll be able to find more information and drop information on our social media and also on here. We can’t wait to meet you one day as well!

1 Like

I live in new port richey too. Maybe we can meet up sometime, im still new to it but it’d be nice to throw with someone and maybe learn some new tricks.

1 Like

yoo im in tampa would should get a little group together