(Stricklin Strings), (Ultra soft, ultra smooth)---NEW thinner type (and OG thick) available

(Scroll to most recent post for purchase details)

Hey guys!

This is the culmination of several years of work. I want to share it with you.

BACKGROUND:

Ive been making string for myself since 2016. It’s been fun to make neat color combos and such, but in the last two years I’ve gotten more serious about making a formula that really plays how I wanted.

While there are many great string options out there, I always found myself wanting something different. After many, MANY different iterations, thread types, and winding techniques, over the course of years, I have a formula I really like. It’s a Nylon-Polyester blend.

Here’s a picture:

It prioritizes in order of importance:

1). Softness

2). High wind count per inch, making string smooth on fingers WITHOUT just winding threads tighter, which makes string coarse.

3.) Thickness (they’re thick)

4.) a good/balanced whip speed

SIDE NOTE ON #2:

This took me AGES to work around. It’s the age old tradeoff. A string can be soft if the threads are twisted less, but its natural tension will have a low coil per inch count. This is the strategy that Project 44 uses for its soft strings.

This can be nice, but I like my string to feel less “bumpy” and smoother on my fingers.

The other option is winding the individual threads tighter. This makes the string hang in nice/small coils, but it gets hard and coarse. Kitty string and a few boutique nylon strings I’ve used do this.

I had to make some (new to my knowledge) techniques to get a neutral high coil count, WITH a soft texture.

Here’s a comparison between my string and a standard brand that achieves a soft texture through loose twists:

(Mine on the right)

Both are unused, at neutral tension.

Let me know what you think! You might love them, you might hate them. No worries either way. They’re definitely a very specific taste.

I’ll be excited to hear from you. Send me a PM!

Thanks!

25 Likes

These strings are incredible, they are actually my favorite strings I’ve tried! (Speaking of which I just used my last one lol)

3 Likes

Ohh I love trying string

2 Likes

I would buy only these strings if they were for sale, I got sent some a while back, they are superb :ok_hand:

2 Likes

So cool! Would love to try your string. Just sent you a PM

2 Likes

Dm incoming. Very cool and I’m excited to try them. I typically use kitty regular. Do you have plans to make a thinner type?

Thanks for this!

2 Likes

Dming…
These look really appealing to me!
Your four priority’s are all things I look for in a strings :grin: I’m excited to try these out

2 Likes

Messaging in case you have any left

1 Like

This is really cool. I love to see stuff like this. Good work Sir.

3 Likes

Nylon is the future!

Can’t wait to get my hands on some

PMd u :slight_smile:

PM’ing you! Currently playing the new Zipline Stranger Strings CS #122 which is a poly/nylon blend as well. Would be neat to A/B compare them with your string to observe similarities and differences.

2 Likes

This is awesome.

Hello everyone! Thank you all so much for the responses!

I’m super excited to share these with you and that so many people are interested.

I’ve received just over 50 requests, and I should juuust be able to cover it with the stock I’ve made so far.

But I am closing it down for now. If you’ve messaged me before 3:22 PM PST, you should get some string :call_me_hand:

Thanks again!

5 Likes

As many of you may have predicted, I’m trying to get feedback and gauge interest for possibly selling these eventually.

I know there’s a new string maker every week, but I hope these are a little different, and if you guys like these, I figured why not?

6 Likes

Always looking for new string makers to buy from cause as many pop up they burn out about as fast.

4 Likes

I think people are going to love these!

3 Likes

Yep, I’ve seen it many a time.

People get a loom, spend a couple weeks/months with it, and immediately jump to selling.

I avoided the idea of selling for years myself, because I see that there are just so many makers!

But I’ve been working on this recipe for long enough, the idea of sharing it has been eating away at me for many months now. It was only a matter of time before I caved :smiley:

I’m never going to have thousands for sale, but I hope to have a steady (if slow) production.

4 Likes

Thanks so much man!

2 Likes

This is awesome!

2 Likes