Sputnik: Mount (Review)

Background:
So a couple of weeks ago I reached out to @Burchard to review a yoyo called the Mount by Sputnik. About a week and a half ago a package hit my doorstep and I’ve been playing it for about a week and a half to delve into how it plays.

!! Disclaimer: I was sent these yoyos for review !!

Specs:
Diameter - 55.2mm
Width - 46mm
Weight - 66.5
Gap Width - .6mm
Material - 6061 Aluminum
Shape - Modified H
Price $50

HONEST REVIEW:

So this yoyo is very flexible in it’ playstyle. It’s really a jack-of-all-trades kind of monometal. It’s very comfy in the hand, which is a huge plus for me. For play find it stable and long-spinning enough to be able to get through long combos, while not feeling brick-ey at all. Its quite nimble for the amount of power it has, and it keeps its plane well. I find it deceptively light for its specs, which could be a good or bad thing. It’s about an average width, and doesn’t hinder me from being able to hit my tricks at all. I’m not a horizontal expert but I didn’t have any issues hitting stuff like gerbil and that. The yoyo isn’t too heavy or too light, Not too big or small, just an above average playing monometal for the casual player who wants something that performs well and can handle all kinds of tricks.

Nitpicks:
The axle is just a bit short for my taste, and I would personally prefer just a bit more rim weight for a teeny bit more power, but that’s just me.

Overall:
This yoyo is a solid monometal and I’m excited to see what Sputnik is going to put out in the future.

Don’t fall in!

2 Likes