So I won’t be buying a TI Vader

I don’t do axes but I do have a one finger degree in Gunfu…

9 Likes

Congrats! I also won’t be able too, the company I work for announced today that after this week my shift is being eliminated.

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that… stay strong keep pushing

3 Likes

Thank you. I’m in a good head space considering. My area is building a new bridge over the Mississippi so there are numerous construction companys hiring.

6 Likes

Nice! I’ve enjoyed restoring vintage axes for a while now. I just got a double bit and a splitting maul from a friend of mine. Looking forward to getting them cleaned up again.

3 Likes

That’s cool man, I’d love to see them when your done.

I still have work to do on it to make it useable. First thing is getting rid of the varnish that most ship with on the handle. You scrape it off (don’t sand it off it clogs the pores of the wood) and use boiled linseed oil and rub it on the handle. Once a day for a week, once a week for a month, once a month for a year. Then finally once a year. Then, after that your handle will be rot proof and it won’t give you blisters near as bad.

6 Likes

Cool, I’ve never done that. Will do that on these. It’ll be awhile before these are done. I’m finishing up my shop right now, then will get to them this fall/winter. Want to build new handles for them.

5 Likes

congrats dude!

2 Likes

Thanks