Snow Tire size?

Anyone know the exact size of Snow Tires? I’m looking to create a few bearing seat files with different pad and bearing sizes I can share out. I can’t find any info on Snow Tire size and I really don’t wanna bug Steve about something to tedious with Worlds looming so closely. I know they’ve had a bunch of sizes through the years, I’m mostly interested in the most current size.

I’d appreciate it!

Thank you

6 Likes

In this thread @MarkD says they are 21mm OD

4 Likes

Yea, I spoke to Mark already (we speak a lot) but I was looking for as many answers as I can to get the best picture of it. I’ll just buy some calipers and measure myself in the worst case

2 Likes

I’m gonna use these calipers on your face

anyhow I went and measured all my pads

These are with the BACKING STICKER ON, which adds 0.10-0.15mm thickness. The pads thickness also varies from one to the next. All measurements in mm.

which pad OD ID Depth
buddah tires 21.0 14.22 2.16
buddah pads 18.9 13.96 1.27
yyf brown - - 1.22
yyf blue - - 1.19
yyf yellow - - 1.22
yyf red - - 1.21
yyf white - - 1.21

The buddah tires protrude from the pad recess by about 0.15mm. So given that and the backing sticker thickness, the compass’ recess is about 1.9mm. No, I don’t feel like ripping out the pads.

The yyf pads are all probably about 1.1mm without the backing sticker. The buddah pads are a bit thicker, 1.15-1.2mm probably.

7 Likes

Are Buddha tires and snow tires the same size?

Edit- a quick google says yes they are.

1 Like

The buddah-branded pads seem to be a bit thicker than their non-buddah counterparts.

3 Likes

Only Pink Calipers, Mark. Only pink calipers.

2 Likes

You like that joke, don’t you?

1 Like

I only think of it as a pink joke.

2 Likes

so… yes?

1 Like

4 Likes

I have no words

4 Likes

New avatar! In your :heart: you know it’s right!

2 Likes

ok lol

4 Likes

Yes! Looks amazing. And by amazing I mean PINK of course! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes