Smashing X Scales FLOAT Release!

Float-header

From Smashing Yo-Yo Co: "I’ve been watching Scales since it started. I realized you could actually sponsor the podcast as a company and it would all go towards contest sponsorship and the good stuff like that which gives back to the people who make what we do possible. I quickly contacted Andrew Bergen to get the ball rolling on it because they’re doing great things and deserve our support. We became friends and I fast discovered that he couldn’t go to worlds this year and that’s just criminal. What’s the best way to fix it? The solution to all of life’s problems, of course. A yoyo!

Float-Black-1_1024x1024 Float-Black-2_1024x1024

So I proposed that we create a yoyo together and use 100% of the proceeds to get him to Shanghai for the world yoyo contest and sponsor as many others as we can. It’s so important to have the best players at the world yoyo contest, even if they’re not on the Smashing team. Anyway, we set about getting a design we’re both happy with.

Float-Final

I did the design to Andrews specification, making it his dream yoyo. It’s able to do his incredible tricks and inspire confidence to do them on stage without fear of a lack of power but still fun enough that he’ll want to use it all the time. We created the Float and it’s perfect."

Releasing Friday 10/12 @ 8PM EDT!

https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/products/float-yoyo-by-smashing-yoyo-company

4 Likes

Looks like a beauty.

I really really really want a raw version to release again.

1 Like

This is a super super fun yoyo. Way more fun than I thought it’d be!

3 Likes

Pink + orange looks good.

1 Like

It really does!

IMG_20181211_115651

3 Likes

You own one?

I do indeed! It’s sitting on my printer right now. A really well thought-out design that plays and looks great.

2 Likes

Smashing and scales are two different companies right?

Smashing Yoyos is a yoyo company:

Scales Collective is a group of players who are all trying their very best to elevate the hobby of yo-yoing by running a podcast, online contests, and writing judge clicker software, and other projects, besides!

1 Like

Wow great.thankyou for sharing links.

1 Like