SIXTH "REDNECK TUTORIAL" - PEACHES !!!PLEASE READ NEW OP EDIT!!!

Ok, so after more deliberation (this has seriously been bugging me, LOL) and given the fact that nobody is saying I should redo it, I will officially NOT be doing a remake. Hopefully people will read the description, LOL.

Thanks to all of y’all for your continued support of my videos even though these little hiccups along the way!

NOOOOO!!!

Yesterday I realized that I made another kind of half-mistake in teaching this trick! When I say how to grab the loop before doing the curling motion, I dropped the strings off of my TH then grabbed the loop…you are supposed to just grab the loop with your TH without dropping the strings on that hand. UGH. I do it correctly right after I do that to get to that point in the trick to instruct the next part…did that make it clear enough???

Should I recomsider remaking it now?

Please give me your thoughts on this.

If the trick is important to you, I would remake it now that there are two errors in the instructions. :wink: Otherwise, nobody’s going to riot if you just abandon this one and continue with videos you actually want to be making.

Well, honestly, ALL of my tricks/tutorials are important to me.

I have gotten over the first error that I had mentioned, but then this one came along. I need you tell me whether you thought you were supposed to drop the strings on your TH or not when you do that step.

By abandon, do you mean to delete the video or just don’t worry with it?

No no, I meant don’t worry about it.

To be honest, I haven’t tried the Peaches tutorial. When I have a chance to give it a go, I’ll let you know if there’s a hindrance to learning or not.

I understood it.

This makes me feel better! Once GregP can give me some feedback on it, I will probably make a final decision.

If they are advanced tricks in your tutorials, then only advanced players will be able to do them, and generally advanced players realize that something isn’t quite right.

Very true. So you thought that it was obvious to not drop the strings off of your TH before grabbing the loop?

Haha, don’t hold your breath! I mean, I’d like to get around to it eventually, but man… the whole weekend is spent running after kids, and most evenings are spent hanging with the wife or yoyoing somewhere that I can’t watch the tutorial. :wink: I’ll get to it eventually, but you should decide independently of me whether you want to remake it or not. :slight_smile:

Oh, ok, don’t worry about it! I think that I will probably not be doing a remake anyway. I am really sorry for bugging you…

I hope you have a great weekend!

Not bugging me in the least! I just didn’t want you to be waiting for something that I can’t guarantee a timeline on. :wink:

Oh good! Thanks for your continued support of my channel, you are my favorite Forum eXpert ever!

I actually made THE final decision today, and I simply added an annotation at the point where I drop the string from my TH index before grabbing the loop. Hopefully the annotation doesn’t look cheap…but at least it solves the issue, LOL.

BTW, the tutorial is now only five views away from one hundred! Thanks everyone! This is actually the only video on my channel that has less than a hundred views. Thanks again!

Literally 1 view away from the goal, LOL. I will quit bumping the thread at 100 views as usual.

Goal reached! No more bumping.