Show some plastic yoyos you made

Yep!

2 Likes

That’s nice of you. Was it a pink balloon?

1 Like

My balloon also popped.So I will be needing one of these. Don’t worry about dying mine.

6 Likes

i wish i were your son.

2 Likes

You know what they say…be careful what you wish for…

2 Likes

oof

2 Likes

Lovely!

1 Like

haha:)

2 Likes

That’s very pretty!

But how does it play/perform?

3 Likes

how should i know?

2 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with sanding POM with some of my dud halves.

Turns out you can get really aggressive with sandpaper meant for wood and follow the range or grits dry until 400 grit. The last 400 grit just needs to be wet/dry sandpaper soaked in water for a few minutes and you end up with a beautiful satin finish perfect for grinding.

17 Likes

Woah looks like a radical marshmallow

6 Likes

The shape is a Recess First base. I just need to get myself some decent nylon rod to make chucks with high accuracy for making bearing yoyos.

6 Likes

I love the look of that!!

3 Likes

Radical Marshmallow will be the name of my next band.

7 Likes

Oh hell yeah!!

2 Likes

Made a POM yoyo for a well known guy in the community; Keith ‘Skip’ Mutton. It’s essentially a First Base, just what he requested.

He’s coming over tomorrow to throw down some yoyos and throw back some beers. Might turn a yoyo too (probably best to do that before the beers).

This Will literally be the first time I have ever thrown yoyo with another adult.

Anyway, I hope neither my yoyo or I disappoint!

25 Likes

8 Likes

The rebirth of the Survivalist.

2 Likes

In terms of the small bearing have you ever looked around for Crucial SPR’s? I know they did some small bearing ones in the past but they weren’t exactly for press fitting.

2 Likes