Show off your SPYY's

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/XxSuBtLexxPaInxX/YoYos/IMG_20130201_110115_zps071d4c53.jpg

1 Like

Obviously you all donā€™t remember the 1a (large bearing) Pure, painted by Levi (1 of 2)ā€¦

I miss this thing like crazy.

2 Likes

That looks great, but I donā€™t know that Levi added any particular ā€˜personalityā€™-- wouldnā€™t anyone who knew how to paint aluminum be able to do that?

Sure. But the point is that it is only 1 of 2 LARGE bearing Pures. Itā€™s a beast.

Ah, I thought the 1 of 2-ness was the Levi painting, not the large bearingness. Pretty cool.

I have a Gold Pure and I would kill for a large bearing! I think they should make a modern shaped, c-bearing, silicone groove throw with the cap design like the Pure. I also would love to see full-sized punchlines. Iā€™ve mentioned both these ideas to Steve already so maybe one day they would become a reality.

Btwā€¦glad to see you back on the forums Nickā€¦Assuming the name change was because you moved to miami now?

1 Like

Not in Miami yet. :slight_smile:

Feels good to be back my friend.

My small SPYY collection.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/Page_Preinfalk/DSCN0216_zpse2eda68a.jpg

2 recent additions to my SPYY family.

1 Like

Those are incredible!!

2 Likes

This thread does not get enough attentionā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ll post an updated picture of my collection when 2 special pieces Iā€™ve been waiting for arrive.

Kept meaning to post this, kept forgetting :stuck_out_tongue: Here is a Spyy Pro that was Anoā€™d by our buddy Jason.
This is my Wifeā€™s favorite. She calls it my Lisa Frank yoyo lol.

3 Likes

I need a goose so bad!

Er. Mer. Gerd. Iā€™m on the fence about getting a Pro, but I would get that one in a heartbeat. :wink:

As promised. Here is the updated picture.

Top: Addiction 2
Second: Revenger, Worlds Orbitron 5K
Third: Pro, Dynamo, Punchline (original)
Fourth: Beta Pistolero, El Ranchero, Radian Super Light, Pistolero 2
Fifth: Amplifier, Supra, Stryker, Solaris, Spyder.

1 Like

One slight correction to set the history books straightā€¦ Those two were actually powder coated white by a local shop (not Levi). The the gaps/bearing seats were machined after coating in an attempt to ensure concentricity. Power coating can make things go wobbly.

Levi only painted the Pure XOs.

1 Like

Oh and BTW these just dropped!

1 Like

Iā€™m really baffled at the price, even with it being red oak. I want to buy one, so I can just say I own it and use it. But I donā€™t have 50 dollars atm. bummer. oh well, Iā€™ll save up and buy a Spyder 2 or Addiction when I can. I will be a part of the SPYY club again, I swear.

I thought it was pricey, too. :frowning: But I wanted one of the first run ones badly enough that I paid for the premium on this one so that Iā€™d have no regrets. I did pass on the mahogany Baldwin at a similar price point, though.