Show it

I’m afraid to throw when I’m at the pool and some bully is around trying to cut my string, then throw my yo into the deep end.

Wait up… Has somebody done that to you? I am guessing you are joking but that is very mean if somebody actually did that.

I go to uncrowded area to throw, because I don’t like attention (or people asking to try) , and because I don’t wan’t some jerky employee to ask me to leave if they see me.

I had an incident at Walmart when I was waiting for my party to get through the (slow) lines when I whipped out my Echo. A father and his kid were watching me and the kid comes up and asks to try it out. This is taking place in the garden dept where the ground’s concrete. Luckily, there were some outdoor carpets set up so we walked to that and I let him give it a shot over carpet. In the end, my echo was protected and the kid was happy (as much as he could only drop, didn’t know how to throw).

As much as I don’t want to be selfish/greedy but if it’s a really young one (say, kindergarten/first grade) I usually tell them that the string is really long. If I have a plastic which has a long string then I’ll have them climb up on something so they’re elevated a bit (say, a park bench over grass).

By “trip up” you really mean “fall off the tightrope and bust a bone.”
Every acrobatic thing I’ve gone too, somebody got hurt.

Let me know the next time you go to an acrobat show. I’ll send the news! I want to see it on primetime!

Never do offstring in a subway station. I’ve actually dropped the yoyo, it rolls onto the tracks and gets crushed by a train. :’(

I was kind of afraid to throw in the Bart station (Bay Area’s take on subways), heading back from the Bay Area Classic for the same reason, fearing that my string would either snap at the wrong time or my newly purchased yoyo would fly apart, all flying out onto the tracks. I was going to attempt throwing in the train but had a bike to hold onto as well, plus having to stand up and hang onto the rails.

I usually carry a plastic or a beater so if anyone asks, I’m helpful to let them try it out.
Agreeing with Josh, if anyone tries to put you down for it, just brush it off. Chances are,
they’re not happy with themselves or just straight up rude people. I yoyo in public when I can, not
to show off, but it’s just a habit that I have even when I’m shopping or walking around.
I carry an emergency spare throw in my car, it’s hard not to have a throw at your side.

I think I’m going to order a couple of those YYF sling carriers. That way I can have at least one handy during my events and not have it in my pocket. I often do have my YYE medium bag on me most of the time these days.

I got a 3-day convention next week. I better hurry up and order something.