Should I use a koncave bearing ?and binding help?

Yye 100% poly

I use Kitty String (mixed). I know it’s polyester but I don’t know whether it’s thick or thin, I think it’s thin. It says (mixed) because it has two different colors in a string such as Red & Black or Black & White.

I don’t get it. If it has no response pads at all, how can you get a tight bind? The bind is created by the string wraps causing friction on the “walls” of the response area. Is there at least some glue residue or something? If it’s bare metal I just don’t get how it’s possible!

A video of the yoyo guts, and then getting a tight bind out of it… yeah, I’d enjoy watching that!

I’ve got an axiom, but I don’t want to take the pads out to try it. My experience has always been that w/o pads or o-rings it’s just going to fall down the string. Looking at the yoyo shells I can see a slight possibility that the string is snagging in the response grooves, but based on my experience in trying a HM w/o the o-rings, I find it hard to see that it would work. The axiom grooves are the same as on a HM and most other legacy YYJ models.

Video will come tomorrow! Upon closer inspection, there still is some glue residue inside the grooves, but not much! I’m surprised myself that this thing binds as well as it does