SF Yoyos - BIG HELLO

Yeah, it always makes me a bit sad when companies cede their entire online presence to another company (Facebook, Instagram, or whatever) :cry:

And the One Drop website is awesome! It’s a complete reference of their releases and history plus an active store for accessories. Kudos @da5id and @the_machinist for doing it right. :raised_hands:

14 Likes

SF is not out of business i’m pretty sure.

7 Likes

They are making YoYos Globally at the moment

https://instagram.com/sfyoyos_dubai?igshid=1u18z2qv5708k

https://instagram.com/sfyoyos_africa?igshid=caod5xea7thq

4 Likes

I hope that SF Africa account isn’t run by anyone from SF Yoyos, it’s posted some pretty bad stuff.

9 Likes

None of the accounts on Instagram impersonating SF are run by anyone affiliated with us, but reporting things on Instagram doesn’t exactly work very well. That account is certainly pretty vile.

18 Likes

Unfortunately lots of platforms are like this, despite the lip service about improving from many of them. You can report names that are literal slurs and because they put a period in a couple spots and companies don’t manually review most things nothing happens a lot of the time.

I’ve taken screenshots and submitted them for multiplayer games after companies specifically started asking for people to report racist usernames and character designs to their social media directly and gotten no response every time.

5 Likes

Yeah my fiancée, although I discourage her from engaging in arguments online, got into it with someone on Facebook dropping mad racial slurs aimed at her and since she tends to include swear words in her response, well they reported each other but she’s the one that ended up in FB jail because apparently the other persons comments didn’t have anything detectable I guess.

3 Likes

That’s messed up.

I guess I’ve been lucky. I try to keep my swearing to a minimum these days, but I sometimes go off on people on FB. I’ve reported about a dozen accounts that were nothing but white supremacist garbage, and most of them were deleted. I didn’t land in FB jail for laying into them. I mean, I didn’t threaten them with violence or anything, whereas they usually have, so that probably helps.

OTOH I’ve known people whose lives were threatened by actual Nazis, and they’re the ones whose accounts were temp locked for… well nothing—no swearing, no violating of their TOS. I don’t get that place.

3 Likes