SACRAMENTO CA - Yolextravaganza Yoyo/Kendama Contest - July 19th - PRIZE UPDATE

Looking for a contest to go to in California this summer?

Yolex Skill Toy Club and Learning Express Toys will be holding the 4th annual Yolextravaganza yoyo/kendama contest July 19th!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1510694259143694/

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb256/willh999/Yoyo%20stuff/640f6671-64b5-4d4c-bd6a-8445a16d7519.jpg

This year, we will have yoyo FREESTYLES and SPEED LADDERS on stage

For Kendama, we will have Kendama SPEED LADDERS and the BEST TRICK CONTEST

The Yoyo freestyle portion of the contest will consist of 1A and Open Divisions. All players welcome (no age restrictions this year). Freestyles will be 1-minute runs.

Yoyo Speed ladders will work like Kendama speed ladders, where contestants will line up on stage and run through a trick ladder as fast as possible. There will be two ladders, levels 1 and 2, posted below. First one to finish their ladder wins!

Level 1                                                              Level 2

Sleeper (5 seconds)                                              1.5 Mount
Breakaway (5 seconds)                                        Plastic Whip
Rock the Baby (5 Rocks)                                        Cold Fusion
Eiffel Tower                                                        Buddha’s Revenge (two repetitions)
Elevator (Bottom - Top - Bottom)                            Poppin Fresh (4 pops)
Brain Twister                                                      Eli Hops (5 hops - half length of string)
Trapeze                                                              Skin the Gerbil
Double or Nothing                                                Gyroscopic Flop (Half flop)
Split the Atom (Three Somersaults)                        Kwijibo
Mach 5 (5 rotations)                                            Hidemasa Hook

Kendama Speed Ladders will be run onstage with contestants running through kendama trick ladders as fast as possible. Like the yoyo ladders, there will be two levels. First to finish wins!

Level 1                                        Level 2

Frying Pan -> Bungee -> Frying Pan All American
Airplane                                      Spacewalk -> In -> Thunderdrop/One-Turn Spacewalk
Swing Candlestick -> Tap to Small Cup  Gorilla Grip Airplane
Swing Spike                                 Lunar -> Lighthouse -> In -> J-stick

Kendama Best Trick Contest is pretty self explanatory. Show us your best trick! A group of judges will compare everyone’s best trick and select a winner based on your trick’s impact, creativity, coolness, and other important factors

Entry fee is a FLAT FEE OF $10 FOR AS MANY DIVISIONS AS YOU WANT TO COMPETE IN*

YOU CAN COMPETE IN 1A, OPEN, YOYO LADDER, KENDAMA LADDER, AND BEST TRICK FOR THE FLAT 10 DOLLARS!!!

Or you can pick and choose which events you want to be in :slight_smile: Whatever you do, you will be onstage for each one

*Contestants may only compete in one level of yoyo ladder and one level of kendama ladder. They may not compete in levels 1 and 2 for yoyo and/or kendama

In between divisions, we will have professional demonstrations from people such as JOSEPH HARRIS, TYLER SEVERANCE, and KEVIN NICHOLAS

The contest will be Saturday, July 19th at the center court of the Roseville Galleria Mall, near Sacramento

Bring music via CD or media player

For more information and updates, check out the event’s Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1510694259143694/

HUGE thank you to our sponsors!
Yoyofactory
Yoyojam
Yomega
MonkeyfingeR
Kendama USA
Kendamaco
Sweets Kendamas
and Catchy Kendama

Hope to see you there!!!

Whoo! I’m excited for this! It will be my 2a freestyle debut!

Registration is online or at the contest? And bring your own music?

At contest, and yes, bring your music

The file or on a music player?
Are there prizes for winning?

CD probably. Music player might work too. We’ve used both before. (Studio 42 aka Chris Pickett is doing sound. He does Cal States and BAC and he’s used those).

There are indeed prizes! They are provided by our sponsors:

Yoyofactory
Yoyojam
Yomega
MonkeyfingeR
Kendama USA
Kendamaco
Sweets Kendamas
and Catchy Kendama

Thanks for reminding me about the music and sponsor details. Totally forgot to list them in my post! I’ll update it now :slight_smile:

Kendama Ladder update! Here’s a clip of the tricks for the kendama ladders for Yolextravaganza. Big thanks to Jerrel Verceles and Lloyd Verceles for putting this video together. Practice hard!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY-RypZp9YU

1 Like

THIS SATURDAY!!! Hope you can make it!

Update: Kevin Nicholas of Yoyofactory and Joey Swisher of KendamaCo are confirmed to be at the event this year :slight_smile:

PRIZE UPDATE!!!

We’ve been getting questions about prizes and winnings for Yolextravaganza this year. I’ll be honest, we have a lot, so I’ll just list a few big things here :slight_smile:

From MonkeyfingeR, we’ve got a beautiful CO-LAB as well as Monkeyfinger accessories!
Duncan has provided us with lots of goodies including a few TORQUES, STRIX, and Kendamas!
And Yoyofactory? well… For our first place winners…

CUSTOM HORIZONS!!!
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb256/willh999/10463720_10152559673661182_7023181092649789059_o.jpg
Have you been waiting to get your hands on one of these? Here’s your chance to get a custom engraved one. See you Saturday!

Hey Will,

Do you think we can get a score recap when you get the chance? That would be great.

Thanks!

When are the results going to be up? I do not mean this to sound rude.

I wanna see if I got last in open!

Sorry for reviving this old post, but was anyone able to find the scores?

'Twas not, but really would like to see.